END 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 30

Feeling excited about another date, you couldn't help to bounce on each step of the staircase until you went for a big leap to reach the bottom.

Your mother put her mug down when she heard a heavy, concerning thump.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

You skipped to her on the couch, a faint blush decorated your cheeks.

"I'm going out with Keiji today, mom."

"I like Keiji, he's a handsome boy. Very well-mannered too."

"Perfect son-in-law material, am I right?" you muttered, hunkering behind the couch

She giggled and stroked your hair, "Yes. And he loves you, that's all that matters."

Your mother must have been caught up in her former fantasy to live a happily ever after with her loved one. Your father never spill the history of their discord, but you didn't want to dig further into it.

She seemed to have moved on and found her source of happiness elsewhere. You wanted to protect her smile.

"You know I love you, mom. I'm always here for you."

"I know sweetie. I love you too."

You pulled out your phone and checked the recent message from Akaashi. He told you to meet him outside.

"Oh, gotta go."

You grabbed your jacket from the coat rack and looked over your shoulder to say, "I'm leaving!"

"Have fun, honey."

You ventured into the street, expecting to meet Akaashi in his turtleneck and coat but you found your father's car under the light pole.

You approached it and one of its windows winded down.

"Hi, [name]."

Your aunt smiled while holding her son, Haru.

"We got someone for you."

Your father gestured his thumb to the back seat where Akaashi was sitting. He opened the door for you.

"Keiji, wha—how are you all together?" you said as you climbed in.

"Your dad saw me in the street. He knew I was going to your house so he offered a ride."

"We're on our way to a hospital. Haru has been having a fever for three days," your father added, then started driving.

"[name]..."

Haru peeked from her mother's shoulder, messing up your name a bit because of the drowsiness.

You moved closer and held his little fingers, "Hey. You doing okay, bud?"

"Hot."

He mumbled, digging into his mother's neck. You gave him a gentle pat on the head and let him sleep throughout the ride.

──────────

After parted ways with your father, you had to make a quick stop at the café to pick up something you left by accident. Satsuki won't be around at the time so she said you could just get it from your locker.

Akaashi waited by the store's porch while you went to the side alley like usual.

You walked into the staff room and met a girl that was changing in front of your locker. She turned around, revealing pretty amber eyes and black shoulder-length hair.