𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

So then, despite starting it off with an unhappy introduction, the story continued. What was once a free-spirited middle-schooler, you were now only strived to survive until graduation. No dreams, no hopes, nothing.

Every good thing seemed to have ended just like your parents. They were the one with the problems yet they seemed to affect your life just as much when you weren't doing anything bad.

Your after-school activity was replaced with part-time work in a maid cafe. It was the last job you would take, considering the many reasons you had that were against the entirety of its existence.

But compared to other part-time occupations with the same shift duration, you earned almost enough for your monthly expenses so it was worth the shot. Especially because you were desperate at the time and other available vacancies didn't accept high-schoolers.

You had been pulling an all-nighter to do your schoolwork. There was hardly extra time to spare these the past weeks. It was a miracle you were able to wake up in the morning and not be late.

Your body eventually got exhausted from the less sleep you're getting. Your mind would wander drowsily in class, sometimes purposely not listening to the lecture. Little did you know, someone had been paying attention.

Whenever class was over, you quickly rested on the table without tidying up any of your textbooks. Although the position was not at all comforting, quick naps had never been so pleasant.

──────────

The next class was History. You continuously tapped your pen onto the fresh blank page of the book while settling your chin on the other hand. You almost didn't grasp what the teacher said but carried on nonetheless.

You missed the changing room and the gym. The loud cheers of Bokuto's gaiety and your manager's duty. Had they found someone yet? How's Akaashi doing in practice? He was hard to read so you could never tell what's going on in his mind.

The pretty boy was perusing his textbook. Afternoon sunlight glistened on his features. Black messy hair, blue pupils, and sharp jawline. You admired him with slight envy.

Akaashi suddenly shifted his gaze to you and tilted his head, gesturing to ask what's wrong. You slightly shook your head and averted your eyes, a little flustered.

The school bell finally rang, ending the last class of the day. You sat there and checked your watch, calculating the amount of time you had to get to the cafe.

While doing so, you couldn't help to look at Akaashi again who was collecting his books. You spoke to him.

"Going to practice, Akaashi?" you stood up, carrying the bag on your shoulder.

"Yes. Are you going to that place again?"

You widened your eyes as his question froze you in place. You blinked several times, trying to keep your cool, "I'm sorry?"

"I see you always in a hurry almost every day after school. I don't suppose you go straight home?"

Quick! Think of an excuse.

"Oh! If you mean by that. I, uh... have cram school! My mom signed me up without telling me first so I have to go along with it."

He surveyed your eyes, looking for the truth behind those words. After that, he simply nodded.

"I see. I hope you're getting enough rest. I don't want you to fail this semester."

He stuffed his hands into his pockets. You drew a smirk, "Don't worry, I'm not failing that easily."