Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION

GABRIELLA'S POV:

I woke up bright and early on the warm September morning. Sodapop was still asleep, so I walked into the kitchen. Darry was already awake because he had to be at work early this morning.

Darrys my older brother. When our parents died, he was 20 so he was allowed to be me Soda, and Pony's legal guardian.  Our parents died from a tragic automobile accidents that's really hard for us to speak on.

Me and Sodapop miss our parents more than our brothers do. Most of the time at night, me and Soda will think back and remember our favorite things about our parents. We'll talk about the happy times, and the sad times. We sit there and cry together quietly because we don't want Ponyboy to hear us because it'll upset him. Sodapop, Ponyboy and I have to share a room in our house because we don't have a lot of money. Me and Soda's beds are beside eachother, and Pony's bed is across the room, so when we talk about our parents, we whisper amongst ourselves quietly. 

As I walked into the kitchen, Darry exclaimed, "morning shortie!". I rolled my eyes and replied, "morning gorilla..".

My brothers and our friends all have nicknames for me.

Darry calls me girly and shortie because I'm like 5'0" and their all 5'11" and 6'0". I don't like the name shortie and he knows that. When he calls me shortie, I call Darry gorilla, because he's big and muscular like a gorilla.  But when I'm in trouble, Darry calls me by my full name, Gabriella Veronica Curtis.

Sodapop and Ponyboy both call me Gabs and Gabby, but when their being annoying like the brothers they are, they call me Ms. Vicky, since my middle names Veronica.

Dallas Winston, who we call Dally, and I have always had a thing for eachother. He has a bigger crush than I do though. He calls me the Curtis Princess when he's in a goof mood. When he's in his flirty mood, he calls me hottie or foxy, which gets on me and Darrys nerves. If he's in any other mood though, he'll call me Gabby.

Johnny, Two-bit, and Steve all call me Gabby. Sometimes Two-bit and Steve will go along with Dallas' antics and call me hottie and foxy to annoy me. But Johnny never will. Johnny and I have been close friends for a long time and he gets protective when Two, Steve, and Dally call me Foxy and Hottie.

So that's the fam. I know I know, we're a whole zoo, but you gotta love us!

"Okay girly. I'm off to work. Go wake Soda and tell him to get ready since he's gotta work the DX today. Love you girly". Darry exclaimed as he ruffled my hair and walked out to his truck.