Chapter 41

PONYBOY'S POV:

I hadn't felt good this morning. I felt sick to my stomach and I couldn't bare to go to school. As Darry  said, "I'm off to work! Bye y'all! Pony schools in half an hour", and he walked out the door, I ran to the bathroom.

Gabby jumped up from snuggling with Dallas, "wait here Dal", I heard her say as she ran after me.

I had my head hanging over the toilet, "Pony? Are you alright?", she asked bending down beside me.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I'm sick to my stom-", as I said that, I threw up.

Gabby rubbed my back "DALLY CAN YA GET PONY SOME MEDICINE AND MEET ME IN HIS ROOM PLEASE?!", she hollered, "hey it's okay Pony. I'm here I'm here, it's alright".

Every time I get sick I cry. I have a big phobia of vomit, so when I throw up it terrifies me. I sat with my back to the wall and Gabby wiped my mouth with toilet paper, "hey it's okay buddy, I'm here for ya".

She flushed the toilet, and Dally came in to carry me to my room. He laid me down on the bed, "hey Dal? I've gotta take care of him so I think you 'oughta go", Gabby explained.

"Yea of course baby. Call me if you need anything", Dallas kissed Gabby and walked out of the house.

As he left, Gabby laid down next to me in bed and pulled the blankets over us. "Pony? Do you actually feel sick or is it just nerves?", she asked.

"Why would it be nerves?"

"Well I don't know. A lots been goin' on with all of us, so I mean you could've gotten sick from bein' overwhelmed", she said stroking my hair.

I started to cry, I didn't mean to, but I was overwhelmed. I don't know how she possibly knew I was, but she always knew when something was wrong.

"I can't take it Gabby! So much has happened in such short time. Mom and dad died, Soda dropped outta school, Harry cheated on ya, Dally ran away, you dropped out, and everyone's at their breakin' point and I-I-I just can't take it!", I put my hand on my head.

"I know Pony, but ya gotta remember, everything happens for a reason and everything's gotta purpose for happenin'. When your overwhelmed or hurtin' just come to me, no matter what's goin' on, imma always be here for ya. No matter the problem, I'm always gonna be here and we'll get through it together. We're family, and that's always gonna be #1 above everythin' else", Gabby pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead, "I've gotcha Pone. I'll always have your back through everythin'. Ya never have to feel alone. We all love ya and we'll all always be here for you, related by blood or not, we're all family".

I looked up at her and smirked through my tears, "gee Gab, who knew ya could be so wise".

She shrugged and smirked, "I guess it just comes outta me when my brothers need my help".

I took a deep breath, and rested my head on her chest, "thank you Gabby. I love you".

She rubbed my hair, "I love you too kiddo".