Chapter 15

SODAPOP'S POV:

I ran through the back door hoping Gabby and Dally wouldn't be home yet, but my wish didn't come true. Dally, Darry, and Gabby were standing in the kitchen, with rage and anger in their face.

"Sodapop Patrick Curtis. Is there something you wanna tell us?", Darry asked angrily. I sighed. "Okay listen. Pony and I wanted to find out if there was somethin' goin' on between Gabby and Dallas. We were gonna take them to the playground, they'd get bored and come back here, and Darry, you were gonna eavesdrop on them cause me and pony lied to them and said you were at work. But our plan flawed because we forgot to tell you about the plan", I frowned after I explained. I felt horrible for lyin' to Gabby.

Gabby walked over to me, "Soda why didn't you just come talk to us and ask us?". "I don't know. I guess Pony and I just wanted the 100% truth". Darry walked over, "hey speakin' on Pony, Soda.... where is he...?".

"I told him to wait at the playground for about 5 minutes and come home", Darry, Gabby, and Dallas all looked at each other, "SODA GOD DAMIT! YA KNOW PONY AIN'T ALLOWED TO WALK ALONE CAUSE HE AIN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE A BLADE!", Darry hollered.

When Darry shouted, it made Gabby jump. She hated it when Darry would shout, but she got the same raged look as Darry not long after. "Wait a minute Soda, the walk homes about 8 minutes, and you've been here for 6, SO WHERE'S PONY?!".

My face went pale and I started sweating bullets. My heart was racing and beating out of my chest. Dallas, Darry, Gabby and I all ran to the truck. Darry sped down the road in his truck. Gabby had tears welling up in her eyes because she knew something bad had happened. Dally and I both noticed, so Dally pulled her into a hug and I squeezed her hand.

We were about 500 feet from the playground. I looked up, and I saw a blue mustang, along side 5 socs beating someone. We drove closer and that's when we saw.

The Socs weren't beating just anyone, they were beating Pony. And it was bad.