Chapter 26

SODAPOP'S POV:

As me and Steve walked into the house after our shift at work, we saw Pony, Johnny, and Two-Bit watching Mickey Mouse together. I looked to the left and saw Gabby asleep on top of Dally, "AWW LOOK AT THE LOVE BIRDS!", Steve hollered as he whistled with his fingers.

I guess he screamed too loud because Gabby woke up, "aye cake face. Could ya shut up?", she rested her head back on Dally and he wrapped his arms around her. I loved seeing Gabby happy, and I could tell she was with Dally, but truth is, I'm not ready to see her get hurt again.

After she saw Harry and Cherry kissing, she was a wreck. It was only about 3 days ago too, so she's definitely still unstable. I just hope Dally ain't gonna break her heart.

"Hey Gabby and Johnny. Why're ya outta school already? It doesn't end for another hour.", I asked. Gabby looked up carelessly, "we skipped. Only reason I went was to dump Harry, then Johnny came with me when I left".  I was pissed with Gabby. I didn't want her to start flunking, cause if she flunks she's 'ought turn into a drop out like me. If Gabby dropped out, Pony would wanna drop out as well, and if either of them became drop outs, Darry would have their ass.

I walked over to Gabby, "Gabs, come talk to me for a sec", I said gesturing for her to follow me. She got up off the couch with Dally and followed me to our room. "Go sit on the bed right now", I said in a stern tone. Gabby gave me a bad look, "okay umm what the hell? Who'd ya think you are?".  I sat down on the bed next to her, "Gabby you need to stop skipping school. You've missed the first 4 days of school so far, and if you keep it up, your gonna get expelled", I lectured her.  Gabby looked confused, "okay and? I'm not smart anyways. It wouldn't be a bad thing if I got expelled or dropped out", she explained.

I started to get annoyed, "NOW DONT GO ON AND SAY THAT GABBY! IM A DROP OUT AND LEMME TELL YA, IT SUCKS! IM 16 YEARS OLD AND HAVE TO HELP PROVIDE FOR MY FAMILY, AND I DONT WANT YOU AND PONY TO GO DOWN THAT PATH! YA HEAR ME?!", tears started streaming down my cheeks.

Gabby nodded, "I'm sorry Soda. I can't go on with school though. I never got time for it and it's filled with Socs. I'm gonna end up droppin' out, but don't worry. I'll make sure Pony stays in school", she assured me.  

I frowned, "I don't want you to drop out, but if it's what you want I'll support you as much as I can", I hugged her and I cried.  Gabby rubbed my back, "ey Soda it's alright, don't cry. I'll be okay, I promise. I'll still be here, and it'll be easier for us all".

I knew she was right. Gabby's always been independent in everything she's done, so I had faith in her. But the real question is, would Darry have faith too..?