Chapter 47

PONYBOY'S POV:

As we got to the football field, we were all riled up and ready to play.

Two-bit grabbed the football out of Steve's hands, "alright I'm gonna kick off", he said getting into his stance. But Gabby came over and grabbed the ball from him, "think again Two-Bitch! You know I always kick off!", as Gabby pushed him to the side, we all started laughing at Two-Bit.

We played football all day, with no breaks. Around 6, the sun started to go down.

Darry stood up, "alright yall. We 'oughta head home. It's gettin' late and none of us have eaten' since 8 this mornin".

"Hey uh me Pony and Soda are gonna hang back for a while. That alright?", Gabby asked. Darry nodded with a smile as him, Dally, Johnny, Steve, and Two-bit walked back to the house.

Sodapop and I exchanged confused looks. Gabby motioned for us to follow her with a smile, "c'mon tweedle dee and tweedle dumb", she said throwing her arms around our shoulders.

GABBY'S POV:

"So Gabby, where are we goin'?", Soda asked looking over at me.

I smiled, "the place where dreams are made", I was taking them where Dallas took me. They both loved to watch sunsets as much as I did, so I figured they'd love it.

We got to the top of the hill and Pony's jaw dropped, "wow. It's beautiful! How'd you find this place, Gabby?", I smiled, "it's where Dallas took me yesterday mornin".

Soda let out a breath of air, "phew. Gabby he must really love ya", I smiled and looked down at the ground.

Soda Pony and I sat down in the grass and watched the sunset.

It was in that moment, that I realized what was most important in life:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life's short. You don't need to spend life stuck on someone that ain't in your life no more. You've gotta close the doors to the bad days, and open new ones for the good days. That's how I saw the sunset: your watching a bad day fade away, as a new one comes back in the mornin'. You've got the people who truly love you by your side through life, and when you've got them, you can accomplish and overcome anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked over at Pony and Soda and gave them a smile, "c'mon. Let's go home".

We stood up and I wrapped my arms around them. We walked back down the hill, as the sunset faded into the darkness, in wait, for a new day to come.

~~~~~~~FLASH FORWARD 9 YEARS~~~~~~~~~

I was now 25. Dally and I had gotten married when I was 20, and we had 2 children.  Our oldest was a boy, we named him Matthew, and our youngest was a girl. We named her Grace because Grace was Dallas' mother's name.

I had finally gotten Johnny and Alyssa together after over 15 years of trying. They're now happily engaged, and Alyssa's pregnant with their first child.

Sodapop and Steve had come out to all of us, and they were dating still. They weren't ready to tie the knot, but they were happily together.

Darry had met a woman named Mary while working on her roof. They're now dating and she moved in with Darry and Ponyboy.

Two-Bit was currently on a road trip on his own to Walt Disney World. Just him, a case of beers, and his Mickey t-shirts. He had saved his money for around 5 years but he finally could pay to go. His dreams had come true.

Now for Ponyboy, he was still finding out what he wanted to do with his life. He was 23, and he had gotten a scholarship to a college in Texas for a paper he had written. While he tried to discover himself, he was working at the high school as an English teacher. With no surprise, all of the girls had a crush on him.

We were all making in it the world, and most importantly, we were all finally happy, even Dally. We were living our lives care free and to the most advantage that we could, and nothing, not one thing, could change that.