CHAPTER 3: TIME TO MAKE AN EFFORT

Andro finally made up his mind. He will text Ferns and try to make friends with him first. He plans to start it after work while travelling back to home. He gets home by public transportation and usually spent an hour and a half with his travel. His long journey will give him plenty of time to chat with Ferns thru text messaging. He just hopes that Ferns would be friendly and entertains him.

After lunch break, he comes back to his workstation and could not wait to finish the day. He is busy but he keeps on looking on his watch every hour. While working on with some paperwork he is also thinking of ways how to approach Ferns. He must have a very good appealing strategy to start the conversation and engage Ferns to chat with him.

After the long wait, the clock strikes at 5 pm and work is finished. It is time to go home. Andro turned off his computer, stands up and quickly left his workstation and said goodbye to his work team.

As soon as he rides his car pool service and sits comfortably he grabs his phone from his pocket. He is now ready to send Ferns his very first text message.

Andro made a lot of correction before he finally made up his mind what would be the first text message he will send Ferns. He took a deep breath and press send. The text message said, "Hi, Good evening!"

Andro do not expect a reply right away although he is hopeful to get at least one reply before he reaches home.

He waits for some time for Ferns response until he decided to close his eyes to take a nap for the meantime.

After a few minutes, he heard his phone receives a message. He looks at his phone and saw a number in his phone screen. He hasn't saves Ferns number yet but he knew it's him. He unlocks his phone screen and opens the message. The message says, "Hello, May I help you?"

He anticipated the response he will get from Ferns so he already knows what would be his next message would be. He says, "How are you? I hope I didn't bother you. I just would like to make friends with you."

Ferns response, "I am very good, how are you? Sure but May I ask if we have already met?"

Andro says, "We have but only by chance."

Ferns' says, "You mean we have already seen each other?"

Andro says, "Yes but I am not sure if you could still remember me."

Ferns' says, "I think I would if you can refresh my memory."

Andro says, "We went to a job interview together. I mean job interview with the same company at the same time but not in the same role and department."

Ferns says, "I see and where was that?"

Andro says, "In Makati at Central Sugar Company."

Ferns' says, "Oh I see, I remember. Unfortunately, they did not hire me. Did they hire you?'

Andro says, "Yes I got hired. Do you still remember me?"

There was a pause for a few minutes then Ferns replies, "I am very sorry, I still don't. So sorry L!"

Andro is not disappointed for not being remembered by Ferns, he smiles instead because he realizes he would have more chance to make friends with Ferns because he thought that if Ferns remembers him and find out he is a guy and also maybe he is not Ferns type, Ferns will loose interest and will not entertains him.

He says, "It's okay, but is it okay if we can still be friends?"

Ferns' says, "I guess that's fine with me. Maybe you could introduce yourself as a start?"

Andro says, "Apologies for that, my name is Leandro!"

Ferns says, "Hi Leandro, I am Fernan – not sure if you already knew my name before. By the way, how did you get my number?"

Andro says, "Can I just say I was able to find a way J"

Ferns' says, "You must be smart to do that."

Andro says, "Lols, by the way may I ask if it's okay with you if I am a guy?"

Ferns' says, "Yes that's fine. You just want to make friends with me so I don't see any problems with it."

Andro says, "That is very great to hear. I didn't realize you are friendly. I thought you were a snob! J"

Andro didn't get a response after his last text message to Ferns. He waits until he reaches home.