CHAPTER 13: TIME MADE THIS PLANS FOR US

Human Resources and Administrative Department recently comes out a memo informing all the employees of the company that every first Friday of the month, there will be a mass at noon in the conference room of the building. Everyone are strictly encourage to attend especially the top management of the company will be attending the Friday mass service as well.

As part of this monthly activity, a choir will be formed to lead the mass and is requiring every department of the company to provide representative to be part of the choir group.

Since Andro is a staff of the human resources and administrative department and is already familiar in this type of activity, he was assigned to lead the group and will play the organ during the mass. The chief auditor of the company – Sir Romy volunteers to be the manager of the group because he also wanted to be part of the singing group as well.

The younger employees of the company were selected by each of their own department. Ferns & Mhy were chosen by the Finance and Accounting to represent the department.

In their first meeting and rehearsal, the members who will form part of the choir group are also close friends. The group members are Ferns, Mhy, Jing, Jovs, Ogie, Renan, Paul, Ricci, Sir Romy and of course Andro.

But no one is more excited than Andro when he learns that Ferns is also joining the group. That would mean he would able to hang out with him a lot and hopefully will bring them closer.

Andro has now more motivation to lead the group obviously because of Ferns presence. He is more inspire to play the organ especially when he finds out that Ferns is very excited to see him to play the organ.

"I never knew that you could play an organ?" Ferns' excitedly asks Andro.

"I always play in our church every Sunday's mass service!" Andro answers cheerfully.

"He used to be in the seminary, Ferns and that is where he learned how to play." Mhy butts in.

"Oh really?" Ferns' softly laughs. "When I was a kid I have wanted to learn how to play piano or guitar."

"Maybe Andro could teach you sometimes!" Ogie quickly answers for Andro.

"Enough of chit chat let us start the practice! As in right now, I still have a lot of purchasing work order to process" Jovs screams to everyone.

"Ferns, do you want sit beside me?" Andro softly asks Ferns.

Ferns' moves his chair a little closer to Andro while all the girls are surprisingly staring at Ferns and Andro.

The practice finished after an hour and everyone needs to go back to their work. Ferns did not notice the time and that everyone is starting to leave because he is busy reading and trying to learn the songs.

"Ferns, we are done practicing for today." Andro whispers.

"La la la...huh? What did you say?" Ferns answers.

"I said we are done practicing." Andro softly laughs.

"Ah, that was quick!" Ferns' complains.

"Ferns, if you are not coming back yet I can go ahead." Mhy butts in.

"Okay sure, Mhy! I will see you in the office!" Ferns' waves at Mhy

Andro is packing up everything while Ferns is trying to help him. And when they are done, Ferns says bye to Andro but when he is about to leave, "Do you want to go for a coffee break?" Andro asks Ferns.

"Actually, I am dying for a coffee right now. If you are ready then we can go now." Ferns chuckles softly.

Andro & Ferns drop by at Andro's office first to hide the organ in one of their available storage room. Ava was looking at them when they came. Ferns say hi to Ava while Andro ignores her. He knows what Ava is up to at that point so he is avoiding an eye contact with her so that she cannot start teasing him.

They walk down to the coffee shop in the front of the building and order their regular takeaway coffee.

"Andro, don't pay. Remember, it is my turn to pay for your coffee." Ferns' politely warns Andro.

"Are you sure?" Andro says.

"Yes I am sure. A promise is a promise!" Ferns answers.

When Andro heard the last statement, he pauses. He suddenly remembers how he came to know about Ferns. That they used to be text mates. He suddenly feels guilty of not letting know Ferns about it. He really wants to tell Ferns everything but he is unsure when will that happen. When is the best time to tell him?

"Andro, the crew is asking you what are you getting?" Ferns softly whisper at Andro when he did not respond to the crew.

"Sorry, I am getting a medium mocha latte." Andro quickly answers.

"Welcome back!" Ferns chuckles.