Intro

California
10 Years Later(After Still Can't Knock)

California 10 Years Later(After Still Can't Knock)

Jazzy woke up out of his sleep abruptly. He saw the sun shining in his eyes so he sat up. He stretched a bit before he got out the bed. He went to the bathroom to handle his business and brush his teeth. He put his locs up in a ponytail and left out his bathroom. He went downstairs towards the kitchen and heard his mothers voice.

She was on the phone on the couch. He walked in and she glanced at him. He went to sit on her lap. She didn't look a day over fifty.

"Oh my god Jazzy, get your big ass off of me!" Diva yelled

"Good morning ma." He said kissing her cheek.

"Get off me Jazzy." She said and pushed him off, well tried.

He laughed and got up.

"You ain't got no strength against me." He said laughing and flexing his muscles.

"I know what do though." Diva said and reached in the coffee table drawer lifting up her chrome nine.

"Damn ma, chill." He said quickly.

"That's what I thought." She said laughing and putting the gun down. "It's not even loaded. Stop being so scary."

"Did you cook any breakfast?" He asked ignoring her comment about being scary.

"Do your arms look broke?" She asked and he smacked his teeth. "You need to be making me breakfast."

Diva got up still talking on the phone and went upstairs. Jazzy smacked his teeth when he got in the kitchen.

"A bowl of cereal it is." He said grabbing the box on top of the fridge.

Soon he heard the front door open and close. He knew it had to be one of his siblings or father.

As he fixed his cereal he heard keys drop on the kitchen island. He looked and it was his father.

 He looked and it was his father

"Hey dad."

"Hey, no breakfast?" He asked looking at his bowl.

"No, Ma didn't do it this morning." Jazzy said shrugging.

"Cereal it is then." King said and made himself a bowl.

"Daddy, you coming to my game Saturday right?" Jazzy asked looking at his Father.

"Yeah, we'll all be there." He said smiling.

"That's too many lil kids." Jazzy said laughing and so did King.

In the last ten years Diva and King now have a total of twelve grandchildren. Oldest being age thirteen and the youngest being three.

"Yeah, but they'll behave. Your mother and their mothers will make sure of it." King said.

"Y'all leaving on Sunday?" Jazzy asked while eating.

"Yeah, we'll be gone for the week." He said and Jazzy nodded smiling on the inside. "We leaving you by yourself and you know the rules."

"I know dad. I'm not gonna invite nobody over here. I'm not stupid." He said and King nodded.

They heard the door open and close.

"Daddy!" They heard.

Soon Baby Girl walked in with her kids. Jordan, age five and Tiana, age three.

"Pa Pa

"Pa Pa." Tiana said when she saw King.

King picked her up and kissed her cheek and smiled.

"What up Baby Boy." He said dapping him up Jordan.

"Hey pops." He said sitting on the stool.

"Where's ma?" Babygirl asked.

"I guess I'm nobody." Jazzy said shrugging. "That's cool."

Baby Girl rolled her eyes at her brother.

"She's upstairs." King said.

She nodded about to leave out the kitchen.

"Mommy." Tiana said reaching for her.

Baby Girl reached for her taking her out of her dads lap and then left the kitchen.

"What's up with you baby boy?" King asked.

"Nothing, chilling." He said. "You know."

King and Jazzy laughed.

***
Baby girl walked upstairs with Tiana. They walked in Diva's room and she sat up and put her hands out.

Tiana immediately went to Nana.

"Hi Tink." Diva said kissing her cheek. "Killa, let me call you back."

Diva hung up the phone and looked at Baby Girl.

"What's up? What you doing here all early?" She asked.

"I can't come visit now?" Baby Girl said sitting down on the end of the bed.Diva eyed her. "Okay, I just need you to watch the kids for a couple hours."

"Couple hours? What you gotta do?" Diva asked.

"I just wanna get some studying done." She said. "My finals are coming up and I don't wanna fail and have to retake anything. I want this Masters to be done with."

Diva nodded. "Okay, the kids can stay just pick them up later tonight."

"Thank you mommy."

"Where's Baby Boy?" She asked.

"Downstairs with Daddy and Jazzy." She said.

Diva nodded.

"Ma, did you always want this life? Meaning a big family?" Baby Girl asked.

"Not when I was a teenager. It wasn't until I met your father that I knew I did." She said. "Before meeting your father it was me and my girls running the streets. Once I met him my outlook on life changed."

"Well, how did y'all meet?" Baby Girl asked.

"Oh baby, you don't have time for that story." Diva said smiling.

"I do now." Baby Girl said laughing.

....

If y'all want this prequel comment and vote. I've had this just sitting in my notes. This book is it. After this and Really V I'm done. So let me know if you want it.