Part 18

Jay's POV
Months Later

"Aye, come here real quick!" I heard King say from the drivers side of the truck.

"What's up?"

"I need you to go to McDonalds and get Diva's order." He said.

I wanted to complain because I wanted to go on the mission. They were gonna fuck someone up for stealing but now I can't go. I knew better than to complain aloud though.

"Aight."

"Big Mac no pickles, large fry, sprite no ice. Apple pie." He said.

I nodded. "She know I'm coming?"

"Nigga, it's been over a year and still bout to wet your pants?"

"No, I just-do she know I'm coming?" I asked.

"Go take her the food." He said and rolled up the window.

I stepped back as he drove off and got in my car to do as I was told.

Now don't think I'm scared of Diva we just haven't talked like we use to. After Atlanta it just was never the same.

After picking up her order I drove to the house. I used my key to enter the house.

"Diva!" I yelled. I didn't see any other cars outside so she must be the only person here.

"Living room!" I heard.

I walked towards the living room where she was just lounging as whatever played on tv.

I placed her food on the coffee table.

"Thank you." She said.

I nodded looking around not really sure of what to do. Sit down? Leave?

"Jay, stop acting like you've never been here. Sit down." She said.

I finally sat down and basically watched her eat.

"You didn't get anything?" She asked.

"Nah, not hungry." I said shaking my head.

"Well that's changed." She said and I lowly laughed.

I used to beg for food from them when I was younger.

I nodded. "A lot has changed."

She nodded. I'm a lot quieter now and more aware. King trained me to where I don't even need to speak and I know everything that's going on just by observing and listening which is why I'm starring at Diva.

She would eat and then her face was tense up and then she go back to eating. She looked uncomfortable but she was ignoring it.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said shrugging. "A contraction here and there."

I'm sorry what?

"Contractions?" I asked.

"My water hasn't broke yet so we're good. They're like fifteen minutes apart. Nothing to report about yet." She said.

"I can't take you to the hospital or nothing? Where's Chelle? What do I need to be doing?" I asked trying not to panic. "Why you didn't tell King? Diva, what the fuck man."

I stood up not really knowing what to do.

"Imma let that last comment slide cause I'm in a bit of pain." She said while she continued to eat her fries. "What you need to do is calm the fuck down. King will be finish with what he's doing by the time I actually have to go to the hospital."