Part 17

A Year Later
2004

Diva stood in the elevator watching the floor levels light up. She held a duffle over her shoulder. She finally reached the lobby and stepped out and took the exit for the garage.

She finally got in her car after placing the bag in the trunk. She turned the radio on low as she drove.

A year can change a lot. Last year around this time she running from someone else's mistake. Now that someone she didn't even recognize. Her girls were the same though. Chelle is graduating and the most proud is Ace. Killa still makes drops with Diva but she mostly stays traveling for work.

After Christian got shot she finally took school seriously. Since she already had a GED she took the SAT's and got into NYU. Diva knew her dumb ass was smart.

Diva finally got to the drop off point and got out. She grabbed the duffle from the trunk and walked up to the spot. Funny enough she could smell the coke too good. She stepped back out and headed to the car.

She made a call in the car and waited in the ally. About five minutes later there was a knock on her passenger side door. She looked and unlocked it.

"What happened?" She heard and turned to King.

"I smell it too much, more so than any other time." She said.

He nodded and started smiling.

"How's my baby boy?" He asked.

"The reason I can't go in there." She said laughing.

He smiled and looked at her. He reached out to rub her stomach.

"Just a couple more months. I should've asked someone else to pick it up." He said.

"I'm pregnant, not handicap." She said. "I can still work."

"I know, I know." He said. "I just don't want nothing to happen."

"I know. I get it but I can take care of myself." she said.

He nodded. "So you going home?"

"Yeah, I'm hungry- wait, what is Christian doing here?"

Diva watched Christian go up the steps to the stash house as King followed her gaze.

She looked at him and he didn't say much. What could he say?

"If y'all got her selling at school I'm about to kill everyone in that house. Including you." She said looking at King.

"Will you calm down. This is why I didn't say anything."

"Does her sister know?"

"Hell no, you wasn't suppose to know either." He said. "Fuck."

Diva got out the car before King could blink. She was gonna suffer the strong coke odor.

"Hold on, wait." King said grabbing her arm and she shrugged him off. "Damn, just wait. Go get in the car. I'll bring her out here."

"No, cause she gonna run."

"No, she not. Just go back to the car. Ain't the odor strong? I know you smell that." King said.

"Bring her ass out here." Diva said before going towards the car.

King walked in the house with the duffle Diva tossed him.

He carried the duffle in and placed it in the cook room. They knew what to do.

"Christian!" King yelled walking into the room upstairs. Christian was placing the weed in her bag.