Part 11

Three Years Later
2001
King's POV

I stretched as I woke up. The sun was shining through my window so I sat up. I checked my pager and called whoever I needed to call back. I made plans to hit the block today-oh wait. Do y'all know who I am?

 Do y'all know who I am?

King, age twenty-four. I'm what you would call a drug dealer but I'm a business man. Supply and demand. I got what you want so pay me.

It hasn't always been easy. I was in the streets for a long time until someone said those magic words. Wanna make some money? I started small with little robberies and moved up to look out and then I got my own package and corner and I grew that into me running all of Brooklyn.

I went to wash up and get dressed. Once I was dressed I grabbed my car keys and left my spot to head to Brooklyn. First I went to pick up my boy Ace.

Ace and I been running around since we were kids

Ace and I been running around since we were kids. If I was robbing someone he looked out. If I was selling, he was bagging. The ying to my yang but don't get it fucked up. I know it's something mentally wrong with both of us. You'll see what I mean.

"What up Nigga." He dapped me up when he got in my Lexus.

"What up?" I said as I took off down the street.

"Where we going?" He asked.

"Just popping up on blocks." I said and he nodded.

Ace was only younger by two years but none of that ever mattered to him. While he rolled up as I drove I can't believe we even made it to this point in our lives. I didn't see me making it to twenty. I'm so surprised I'm not dead. I've been stabbed, shot, hit with a car, everything that says you should be dead has happened and I'm still here. I guess I got more things to finish up.

"We gotta go see the connect next week?" Ace said.

"No, end of this week. It shouldn't take long though." I said. "A day or two."

After awhile I pulled up to a stash spot. I saw who I was looking for when I pulled up.

"J!" I yelled as I leaned on my car.