Part 10

Diva's POV continued

I went towards Kelly in the gym.

"Everything straight?" She asked.

"Gotta pick money up from Lorenz." I said.

"Oh, let's go-"

"No, not us. Christian." I said and she just looked at me.

"By herself?" She asked.

"Yeah, I mean we'll be there but she gotta do this. Lola said."

Killa nodded but I knew she felt a certain way. Christian came walking over slowly.

"I thought I told you to clean your face?" I asked.

"I did." She said and I shook my head.

"Look, you can't be crying right now." Killa said. "You gonna have to buck up and do what they say. After that we'll talk but ain't no talking right now got it."

Christian nodded. Killa took a gun from behind her back, checked the clip and then gave it to Christian.

"Keep that on you at all times." She said and then looked at me. "Let's hurry this up."

I nodded and we left out the gym.

We got in my car and drove out to Brooklyn. We don't come out here too often anymore. Only to collect sometimes and Lorenz was an old client.

I've seen him around since I started. We have a working relationship. I pick up money and that's it. He got his operation going on but it's nothing major. Just a couple blocks in Brooklyn.

We stayed quiet while we drove out there. I could see Christian messing with her fingers, showing signs of anxiousness. As pissed as I am at her about all this she's only a thirteen year old kid who fucked up. Her fuck up just caused other problems.

I pulled up to Lorenz's while Killa checked her gun. I looked in the rear view at Christian.

"You know what you have to do?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. Ask for the money." She said.

"What if he ain't got it." I asked.

"Y'all my muscle. Do some damage, I don't know." She said and I looked back at her.

"You still think this a joke?"

"No, I don't I just-"

"She don't wanna do this no more." Killa said.

I looked at Killa as she loaded her clip and then back at Christian.

"She saying how you feel?" I asked.
Christian looked down and slightly nodded. "What did you think this was?"

She shrugged. I shook my head and looked forward.

"Let's just go." I said as we got out the car.

We had to tell Christian where and which apartment. She knocked and we waited. Lorenz opened the door.

"Damn, I wasn't expecting you till tomorrow." He said as we walked right in.

He looked down at Christian.

"Y'all babysitting or something?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You got the money or what?" Christian asked and he stepped back a bit to laugh. He looked at me.

"She serious?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

He looked at us before he went to the back and came out with a duffle bag. He sat it at Christian feet.