Part 12

A Month Later
Christian's POV

I stayed outside the corner store while Dominique and Tori grabbed snacks.

I smoked while watching people and other classmates get to school that's around the corner. I hate going to school. I want my GED so I can just get out. I gotta wait a couple more months since I'm still fifteen.

"I got what we need." I heard Tori say and looked.

They came out the store with all the goodies and drinks. We split it and put it in our bags.

I smoked another blunt with them before I went in school and let me tell you bad idea. I'm fried like an egg.

We walked around with our snacks and ended up in the gym knowing we had class.

"Rowland! Where you suppose to be?!" I heard someone yell after a while.

I looked over from the bleachers we were sitting on at the gym teacher.

"It's an A day. I have gym." I said. I know damn well I don't have Gym.

"It's a B day." She said stressed.

"Oh for real?" I said getting up. "Can I get a pass to English?"

She rolled her eyes but wrote my pass. I don't know about Dominique and Tori but I'm getting a pass.

She signed the pass and I left out the gym smiling knowing they can't come up with the same lie as me.

I left and went towards my English class. I walked in and handed the pass to my teacher.

"Ms. Rowland. Put the snacks away." She said and I nodded.

I went to my desk and sat down. I went in my backpack and swapped my snacks for my book.

I looked at the board to figure out what page they were on. I was confused as hell seeing numbers in my book. I'm looking around at everybody else book. Are they seeing the same shit? I closed it and looked at the cover. I silently cried laughing to myself. I got my math book out in my English class. Damn.

"Ms. Rowland!" I heard and looked up quickly at my teacher. "Would you like to share the joke with the class?"

I was laughing aloud? Damn.

"Uhm, I just accidentally brought my math book instead of my English book is all." I said slightly laughing.

"Come up here a second." She said and I rolled my eyes while everyone watched me grab my bag and go up to her desk.

I looked at her and she looked at me.

"You high again?" She asked.

"What? No. I grabbed the wrong book." I said. "That's all."

"Why your eyes red?" She asked.

"I was crying if you must know." I said.

"Yeah right." She said. "You came in eating, thirty minutes late, and unprepared."

"I had a pass." I said.

"And here's another to explain to the office why you've been crying." She said handing me a pass to the office.

For what?! I didn't do anything. I took the pass and left the room. I hate this shit. Yeah, I'm high but I still came to class. That should count for something.

I went to the office and sat down right next to Domonique and Tori.

"How the hell-"

"I was unprepared and she knew." I said quickly because I didn't feel like answering a bunch of questions.