Chapter 4

Inside Newt's suitcase

When Rory showed them the room she left them to go change

When Rory showed them the room she left them to go change. Once she finished changing and went to say goodnight to Queenie and Tina. "Rory, can you give them the hot cocoa?" Queenie asked Rory. "Of course. Rory took the tray from Queenie and knocked on the door of the room the boys were staying in. "I've brought some hot cocoa if you'd like some," Rory said and noticed Jacob was the only one awake but she knew Newt was only faking. Rory handed Jacob the mug and put Newt's on the nightstand and crouched down to kiss him on the forehead. As she was about to leave the room someone tugged on her wrist and she turned and saw it was Newt. He motioned over to his case. "I know they miss you so come on," Newt told her. Rory went down the stairs and almost fell but Newt caught her. She then saw Jacob also had come down. "Can you sit down Jacob is it okay that I call you Jacob?" Rory questioned. "Oh yeah of course," Jacob responded. Rory looked at the bite on his neck. "That's definitely a murtlap bite. You must be particularly susceptible." Rory said. "See you're a muggle so our physiologies are subtly different," Newt said as Rory helped him make the cure for the bite. Rory then passed it to Newt and put it on his neck. "Stay still," Rory told Jacob. "That should stop the sweating," Newt said as he was cutting chunks of meat and put it in a bucket. "Here take this," Newt said, handing the bucket to Jacob.

Rory and Newt left the little room and Newt took out his wand and made it an umbrella for both Newt and Rory. That's when Rory saw the beautiful and majestic thunderbird. "Down you come," Newt said to the thunderbird. "Thank Paracelsus. If you had gotten out that could've been quite catastrophic. He's the reason I came to America. To bring Frank home." Newt said to Jacob. Jacob tried to get closer but Frank screeched. "No stay there he's a wee bit sensitive to strangers," Newt told Jacob. Rory took her hand out for Frank to smell as she got closer to the thunderbird. "Rory is careful," Newt warned her. Frank nuzzled into her hand as she stroked his beak. "You were always good with my creatures," Newt said, looking at her with a smile. She smiled back at Newt then stepped away from Frank as Newt threw a piece of meat at him and flew away. Newt, Jacob, and Rory moved to a new habitat. Rory saw a Graphorns running their way. Jacob screamed and tried to run but Newt held onto him. A baby Graphorn rubbed itself on Rory and Jacob. "You rescue these creatures?" Jacob asked. "Yeah, that's right. Rescue, nurture and protect them. Rory worked with them too. We're trying to gently educate fellow wizards about magical creatures They played with the Graphorns for a while then moved to the bowtruckle habitat.

"Titus, Fin, Poppy, Marlow, Tom. He had a cold." Newt said, referring to Pickett. "Oh right on you hop you to Trickett," Rory said to the bowtruckle taking her hand out so she could associate with the other bowtruckles but neither Pickett nor Trickett were leaving their owners arms. "They have attachment issues, come one Pickett, Trickett you'll have each other they won't bully you," Rory said speaking to them but they wouldn't leave. "Oh alright but this is exactly why they accuse us of favoritism," Newt says and walks away with Rory following behind him. Rory notices Dougal is missing. She also heard the cries of the Occamy's. "Alright mum is here, mum is here and dad is back. Now let me take a look at you." Newt said to them picking Jacob's occamy up. "Hey, I remember these guys," Jacob said. "This one is yours. Do you want to?" Rory asked, passing him his Occamy. "Oh yeah," Jacob said and carried the Occamy. Jacob was about to pet it when it snapped at him. "It's alright no don't pet them. They learn to defend themselves early, see that shell it's made of silver so they're incredibly valuable. The best had to get ransacked by hunters. Thank you." Newt informed Jacob as he handed back the Occamy. "Mr. Scamander, Aurora," Jacob says... "Oh call me Newt, and me Rory." Newt and Rory said. "Newt, Rory I don't think I'm dreaming," Jacob commented. "Oh yeah, what gave it away?" Rory asked him. "I ain't got the brains to make this up." He said. "Would you mind throwing some of those pellets in with the mooncalves over there?" Newt asked Jacob. "Oh yes," Jacob said.

Rory decided to accompany Jacob. "So Rory did you and Newt ever date?" Jacob asked her. "Oh uh no but I did have a small crush on him in my 3rd year," Rory told him. "Huh, why didn't you say anything?" He asked her. "Oh, he liked someone at the time," Rory informed him. Jacob and Rory fed the mooncalves and she started to play with them that she didn't realize Jacob left to another habitat. "Rory where's Mr. Kowalski?" Newt asked her. "Uh oh," Rory said getting up. "I think I know where he is," Newt said, taking Rory's hand. They went into a cold habitat and saw a black misty orb in the middle she recognized as an Obscurus. Rory felt like how she'd felt in her vision. "Step back!" Newt yelled at Jacob. "What's the matter with this?" Jacob says as he steps away. "It's an Obscrurus it's like what I saw kill the Senator," Rory explained. "Rory we need to get going and find everyone that's escaped before they get hurt," Newt told her. "Before they get hurt?" Jacob asked. "Yes, Jacob these creatures are currently in alien terrain surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet. Humans'' Rory explained to him. "So where would you say a medium-sized creature who likes broad open plains, trees, waterholes, that sort of thing. Where might she go?" Newt asked Jacob. "In New York City?" Jacob questioned. "Yes," Rory said. "Plains? Uh, Central Park." Jacob said. "And where is that exactly?" Newt asked. "Where is Central Park? Well look I would come to show you but don't you think it's kind of a double-cross? The girls take us in they make us food and cocoa." Jacob started to say but Rory interrupted him. "You do realize that once you stop sweating they will Obliviate you in a heartbeat," Rory said. "What does bliviate mean?" Jacob asked. "It'll be like you wake up and all of the memory of magic will be gone," Newt told him. "Uh, I won't remember any of this?" Jacob asked. "No," Rory said. Jacob took a deep breath. "All right yeah okay I'll help you." He said. "Come on then," Newt said, grabbing Rory's hand and leaving the case.