Chapter 1

1927
Back at the ministry

Rory and Newt were waiting to be called for their hearing

Rory and Newt were waiting to be called for their hearing. Pickett and Trickett were both hanging onto Newt's button of his coat. The button was on a very loose thread and it ended up snapping when both Pickett and Trickett fell. The button rolled onto the carpet and Trickett and Pickett started to run after it but Newt got up from his seat and jumped onto the floor to grab the button before they could. Rory heard heels clicking and turned her head and saw the one and only Leta Lestrange. "They're ready for you Newt, Rory." She said. Newt got up from the floor and passed Trickett to Rory. "Leta. What are you doing here." Newt asked. "Theseus thought it'd be good if I became part of the Ministry family," Leta said. Rory rolled her eyes. "Did he say the words Ministry family?" Rory asked. "That sounds like my brother," Newt said. They all stared at each other for a while until a machine that cleans the rug passed by.

Leta then led both Newt and Rory where they would have their hearing. Rory felt her eyes fog so she grabbed Newt's hand and squeezed it to warn him. Rory let the fog take over and she collapsed but Newt caught her as she fell. "It still happens?" Leta asked Newt. "Yeah," Newt said. All Rory saw was that Grindelwald escaped and was looking for her and Credence.

Rory woke up with a gasp. "Are you alright Rory?" Leta asked her. "Yes sorry for making us late for the hearing," Rory said. Newt helped her up from the floor. And they started walking again. "Theseus was disappointed you both couldn't come to dinner. Any of the nights we asked you." Leta told Newt and Rory. "Well, we've been busy," Newt replied for both him and Rory. "He's your brother Newt! I understand Rory but he's your family. And he likes spending time with you. And so do I!" Leta said. "Rory is my family too," Newt said. Rory smiled at him and he smiled back. "Oi, you pop back in both of you," Rory said as she noticed Pickett and Trickett getting out of Newt's and Rory's pockets. "Why do strange people love you both so much," Leta said with a laugh. "Well, there are no strange creatures-" "only blinkered people." Leta cut Newt and Rory off. "How long did you guys get detention for saying that to Prendergast?" "I think it was a month that time," Rory said. "And I set off a dung bomb under his desk so I could join you two, remember?" Leta asked.

Rory then saw the man who broke her heart walking up to them. "No, I don't remember that," Newt said. "Hello," Theseus said. "Theseus we were just talking about Newt and Rory coming over for dinner," Leta said. Rory looked down at her shoes but she felt Newt slip his hand into hers. She looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "Really. Well! Before we go in there, I am..." "it's our fifth attempt. We know them all." Newt said interrupting Theseus. "This isn't going to be like the other times, this is just. Try and keep an open mind to both of you. Will you? And maybe a little less-" Theseus said but Rory interrupted. "Like us! Yeah got it Theseus." Rory said walking ahead and going into the room. "It can't hurt!" Theseus yelled at her. "Come on let's go," Theseus told Newt. "Is she still mad at me?" Theseus asked Newt. "I don't know that's something you have to ask her," Newt told him. "But she's been avoiding me ever since you've gotten back," Theseus said. "I don't know what to tell you," Newt said then entered the room with Theseus behind him.

"Hearing commences! You both want an end to the ban on you traveling internationally. Why?" The man questioning Rory and Newt asked. "Because we would like to travel internationally." Newt and Rory said. "Subjects uncooperative. And evasive on reasons for last international trip." The man said. "It was a field trip. I was just collecting material on my book on magical beasts and happened to run into Rory." Newt said. "You both destroyed half of New York!" Another man said. "That's factually incorrect on two accounts," Rory said. Rory could feel Theseus's eyes on her. "Newt, Rory." He said. Both Newt and Rory rolled their eyes. "Mr. Scamander, Ms.Dumbledore we understand you're frustrated and frankly so are we! In the spirit of compromise, we'd like to make a proposition." One of the men said. "What kind of proposition?" Newt asked. "The committee will agree to lift your travel ban under one condition. You both join the Ministry! Specifically Theseus's department." The man said. Rory then started to laugh. "I'm sorry was that a joke?" She asked, still laughing. "No Ms. Dumbledore it was not." The man told her. Newt nudged her to stop laughing and she saw Theseus glaring at her. "No Newt and I will not," Rory said. "I think that Theseus is the Auror. I think our talents lie elsewhere." Newt said. "Mr.Scamander, Ms.Dumbledore the wizarding and non-wizarding world's have been at peace for over a century. Grindelwald wants to see that destroyed. And for certain members of our community. His message is very seductive. And he wants Ms. Dumbledore for her abilities. Many Purebloods believe it is their birthright to rule. Not only our world but the non-magic as well. They see Grindelwald as their hero and Grindelwald sees this." The man said and showed them Credence and Rory. "A boy and a girl as means to see this all come true." The man said. "I'm sorry you're talking about Credence as if he was still here," Newt said. "Um, Newt I saw him in my vision," Rory said quietly. "He survived Newt. He's still alive. He left New York months ago. He's somewhere in Europe. Where? Exactly we don't know." Theseus said. "You want us to hunt Credence down. To kill him." Newt said. "Same old Scamander and Dumbledore." Grimson said. "What is he doing here?" Rory asked. "Taking on the job you're too soft to do.  Grimson said "Is that it?" Newt asked and grabbed Rory's hand and left the room. "Travel documentation denied." The council said before Theseus went after them.

"Newt! Rory! You think I like the idea of Grimson any more than you both do?" Theseus asked as he caught up after them. "Listen we don't want to hear how the ends justify the means, Theseus," Newt said. "I think you both have to pull your heads out of the sands!" Theseus said. "And I think you should pull your head out of your Arse Theseus!" Rory said, irritated. "Rory. Alright, here we go what a selfish, irresponsible..." Newt started but Theseus interrupted. "You both know the time is coming. When everyone is going to have to pick aside. Even you two." Theseus told both of them. "We don't do sides," Rory said getting in Theseus' face then walking away. "Rory! Rory!" Theseus yelled after her. "What Theseus?!" Rory asked. "Come here please," Theseus said. Rory stopped walking and turned around. Theseus came up to her and hugged her. "They're watching you," Theseus told her. They got out of the embrace and looked into each other's eyes. Rory nodded her head and Theseus cleared his throat then Newt approached her and took her hand and they left the building.

"Are you okay?" Newt asked Rory. "I will be." She told him. They noticed a man following them so they hid behind a sign.  Newt took his wand out. "Ventus," Newt said and pointed his wand towards the man and the man's umbrella opened and it pulled him backward.  Rory was looking to the side and saw only a glove and it waved at her. She nudged Newt and he looked at the glove and it pointed towards a building then took its hand out for Newt and Rory to grab onto. The glove disapparated from the top of the building.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I leave tomorrow yay!! hope you enjoyed this chapter Also I love Rory so much<3