Chapter 10

The rally

Rory, Leta, Newt, and Tina walked around together

Rory, Leta, Newt, and Tina walked around together. Rory saw Jacob with Queenie in the crowd. "It's a trap," Rory whispered to Leta, Tina, and Newt. "Yeah Queenie, the family tree, it's all been bait," Newt said. "We have to find a way out of here right now," Tina demanded. "You go find the others," Rory said to Tina. "What are you three going to do?" She asked, "well think of something." Newt said. Rory and Leta went together while Newt went a separate way and Tina went down to the crowd.

Everyone started to clap and Rory and Leta stopped walking and saw Grindelwald had approached the stage. "My brothers, my sisters, my friends, the great gift of your applause is not for me. No. It is for yourselves. You came today because of craving and knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer. You came today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate the lies non-Magiques, the Muggles, the no-maj, the Can't spells." Grindelwald said and the crowd hissed and jeered. Jacob looked around the crowd frightened and he slumped down as Queenie tried to reassure him he was okay. "I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the muggles are not lesser, but other, not worthless, but of other value, not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, what a world we would make for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth, and love." Grindelwald said and Rory felt Leta glance at her but said nothing.

Outside of the rally, Theseus was leading fifty Aurors into the mausoleum. "It isn't illegal to listen to him," Theseus said. "Use a minimum of force on the crowd. We mustn't be what he says we are." He told them then walked into the mausoleum.

"The moment has come to share my vision of the future that awaits if we do not rise and take our rightful place in the world," Grindelwald announced and Rory's eyes started to fog up as Rosier went onto the stage and brought him as skull-hookah. "Leta!" Rory said and collapsed as Grindelwald inhaled deeply through the tube and exhaled a gigantic technicolor cloak from his lips that showed what would happen. Rory saw a war happening. With nuclear blasts. The crowd felt the explosion. "Not another war," Jacob said.

Rory sat up as the vision faded away. Leta crouched down to Rory's level. "Did you see what I saw?" Rory asked her and Leta nodded her head then helped her off the ground. "That is what we are fighting!" Grindelwald shouted. "That is the enemy. Their arrogance, their power lust, their barbarity. How long will it take before they turn their weapons on us?" Grindelwald asked.

The Aurors and Theseus were going in unnoticed and blending into the crowd or so they thought. "Do nothing when I speak of this. You must remain calm and contain your emotions." Grindelwald said but paused. "There are Auror's here among us." He said. The crowd gasped and Newt didn't notice his Niffler went loose again. The crowd was looking around for said Aurors and the Aurors realized they were outnumbered. "Come closer my brother wizards! Join us!" Grindelwald said. "Do nothing and no force," Theseus warned the Aurors as they walked forward and showed themselves. "They have killed many of my followers. It is true. They caught and tortured me in New York. They struck down their fellow witches and wizards. For the crime of seeking the truth, waiting for freedom." Grindelwald said. Rory saw a redhead witch was angry and was reaching for her wand. "Your anger, your desire for revenge is natural," Grindelwald said, egging on the girl.

The redhead raised her wand at the Auror but he acted first and sent a curse her way. She fell to the ground solid and dead. The crowd screamed and Grindelwald entered it which people parted for him. Rory saw the Niffler go through Grindelwald's legs and went into his coat. "Take this young Warrior back to her family. Disapparate. Leave. Go forth from this place and spread the word. It is not we who are violent. " Grindelwald demanded his followers.

One by one everybody started to Disapparate. Rory, Leta, Newt, Tina, Theseus, Queenie, Jacob, and the Aurors were the only ones that remained along with Credence and Nagini. "Take him," Theseus orders his Aurors. Grindelwald created a circle of fire around him before they could. Rosier, Abernathy, Carrow, Krafft, Macduff, and Nagel walked into the circle easily and Disapparated however Krall was consumed by the flames and turned to ash. "Aurors join me in my circle. Pledge to me your eternal allegiance or die. Only here shall you know freedom. Only here shall you know yourself. " Grindelwald said. The Aurors tried to run but were caught by the fire and burnt to ashes. "Play by the rules! No cheating children." Grindelwald said. Rory looked and saw Credence was going into the fire but Nagini was trying to stop him. "He knows who I am." Credence told her. "He knows what you were born. Not who you are." She said to him. "Credence!" Rory yelled as she went down the stairs with Leta but was almost burned by the fire.

As Credence entered the circle Grindelwald embraced him. Queenie was in a daze. "Queenie, Queenie you gotta wake up," Jacob told her. "Jacob, he's the answer. He wants what we want." She said, "No, no, no," Jacob told her. "This has all been for you Credence," Grindelwald told him. "Walk with me," Queenie said to Jacob. "Hon no!" He said. "Walk with me!" Queenie yelled at him. "You're Crazy," Jacob told her. Queenie turned and headed to the fire. "Queenie don't do it! Queenie!" Jacob yelled.

"Queenie!" Tina yelled. Queenie went into the fire and disapparated. Aurors kept trying to run but they would get caught in the fire. "Mr. Scamander, do you think Dumbledore will mourn for you?" Grindelwald said, then sent the fire towards him and Theseus. "Grindelwald stop!" Rory yelled going down the stairs. "Rory!" Theseus and Newt yelled. Theseus tried to get to her but was unable to. But Leta was able to reach her. "No Rory I won't let you do this," Leta told her. "I have to do something!" Rory said. "Hello, again Ms. Dumbledore, and I believe this one I know Leta Lestrange. Despised entirely amongst wizards. And Aurora Dumbledore the seer known as the freak of nature. Time to come home." Grindelwald said walking up to them. Leta turned to Rory. "I love you." She said and kissed her then stupefied her towards Newt and Theseus. "No Leta!" Rory screamed in agony as she tried to get to her but Newt and Theseus held her back.

Leta sent a killing curse towards Grindelwald but he blocked it and looked at Leta with a glare. The fire then inflamed Leta and she turned to ashes. Newt and Theseus grabbed Rory and disapparated. The Kama grabbed Nagini and Tina grabbed Jacob and disapparated as well. Grindelwald clicked his tongue. "I hate Paris." He said then Disapparated as well.

———————————————————————-
A/n: surprise shawty Leta loved Rory all along!!!! I came up with this when I was throwing the trash anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3