Chapter 8

The records

The trio walked towards the record room but they had to get through the receptionist first

The trio walked towards the record room but they had to get through the receptionist first. A old women named Melusine was behind the desk. "Puis-je vous aider?" She asked. "Er- yes this is Leta Lestrange and I'm her fiancé." Newt said pointing to Tina.  "And this is his sister-in law." Tina said pointing to Rory. Rory face palmed and decided to use her French. "C'est Leta Lestrange et on doit voir ses disques." Rory said. Melusine nodded. "Allez-y." Melusine said.  "Let's go." Rory said dragging them into the record room. "I didn't know you knew French." Newt said. "I learned it when I was young." Rory said.  "Tina about that fiancé  business." Newt tried to say. "Oh sorry yeah I should've congratulated you both." Tina said to Rory and Newt.  "No." Newt said. "Lumos." Tina interrupted him. 

Rory,Tina,and Newt walked through the rows of shelves.  "Tina about Leta." Newt started to say. "Yes I just said I'm happy for you." Tina said. "No don't be happy. No no sorry I don't. Obviously I want you to be happy. And I hear you are now which is wonderful. Sorry-" Newt said but Rory interrupted him. "Merlin's beard Newton spit it out. Tina what he's trying to say is he's not engaged to Leta nor am I engaged to Theseus." Rory told her.  "What?" Tina asked.  "It was a mistake in a stupid magazine. Theseus is marrying Leta on June 6th I'm supposed to be Leta's maid of honor and Newt's going to be Theseus's best man. Which is hilarious." Rory told her. "Does he think you're here to win her back? Are you here to win her back?" Tina asked turning to Newt. "No I'm here. You know your eyes really are." Newt trailed off. "Are what?" Tina asked. "I'm not supposed to say. I cut a picture of." "Newt I read you're book." "Wait did you read?" "Did you?" Newt and Tina talked over each other. "I cut this um. I mean it's just a picture of you from the paper. It's interesting cause your eyes in the newsprint. See in reality they have this effect in them Tina. It's like fire in water, dark water and I've only ever seen that. I've only ever seen that in." Newt said but Tina interrupted her. "Salamanders." Tina said with a small laugh.

Rory heard a sound. "Let's go." She said dragging Tina and Newt to one of the shelves. "Lestrange." Leta said and the shelves started to move and the trio almost got crushed by them. They hung onto one of the shelves and it happened to be the one Leta was looking at. Leta stuck her hand in the shelf and pulled out a letter. "Records moved to Lestrange family tomb at Pere Lachaise." It said.  Leta heard chirps and saw two green stick like figures hanging onto the shelf.  "Circumrota." Leta said and the shelf turned and revealed Rory,Tina,and Newt.

"Hello Newt, Rory." Leta said. "Hello Leta." They said. "Hi." Tina said awkwardly.  At that moment Melusine walked into the room with growling Matagots. "What kind of cats are those?" Tina asked. "These aren't cats they're Matagots. They're spirit familiars. They guard the ministry. But they won't hurt you unless you-" Rory said but Leta was panicking so she shot a spell at them. "Unless you attack them!" Rory yelled. "Oops." Leta said.  Leta climbed over the rail and joined the trio. "Reverte!" She yelled and the shelves flew backwards as the Matagots pounced.  They all started to run as they were being chased by the Matagots. But just as they were losing the Matagots the shelves retracted from the room leaving it empty and all that was left was Newt's case.  As the Matagots approached the case the Zouwu burst out from the case with Newt and Rory clinging onto its back.  "Accio." Rory said taking her wand out and Newt's case flew I to her hand.  The Zouwu fought of the Matagots with Rory and Newt on its back and it won since it was stronger.  "Ascendio!" Newt said pointing his wand to the ceiling and the shelves rose from the floor lifting them high up into the air. The towers fell beneath the Zouwu but she lept onto the balcony before she could fall. She used her magical powers and propelled them through the glass of the roof and they landed in a cemetery. 

The remaining Matagots shrunk down to normal sized cats in the muggle environment. They mowed pitifully.  Newt helped Rory off the Zouwu she looked around and saw she had made it to the cemetery Grindelwald would have his rally.
————————————————————————
Ahhh I finally updated! I'm sorry it took me a while I started school this week so I haven't had time my Quince is also on Saturday so I'm preparing all the little things that I need but I'm trying to update my other stories as well so please be patient with me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter love you guys <3