Chapter 8

Winter Wedding

"Queenie Jacob's not supposed to see you yet!" Rory yelled as she chased after Queenie who went to Jacob

"Queenie Jacob's not supposed to see you yet!" Rory yelled as she chased after Queenie who went to Jacob. "It's alright Rory I have my eyes closed!" Jacob said as Queenie fixed his bow tie. "Oh, you two and these superstitions. Is this how you're going to be for your and Theseus's wedding?" Queenie asked Rory. Rory just shut her mouth and her face turned red. "Oh, honey don't worry I'm sure he'll ask soon. Newt sweetie are you okay? You look nervous. Oh, you are nervous about the speech. Don't be nervous. Tell him, honey." Queenie said. "Don't be nervous about the speech. What is the smell? Why is there burning? Albert?" Jacob said as he walked away from Newt, Queenie, and Rory. "Mm. Maybe we're nervous about something else huh?" Queenie asked Newt. "I can't imagine what you're talking about," Newt told her. "Mmm-hmm." Queenie chuckled and then walked away from them. 

"Join me to get some air?" Rory asked Newt as she headed out of the bakery. Newt soon followed after her. "Read me your speech. Go on." Rory told Newt as he pulled out the flash cards. "Uh, The day that I  first met Jacob, The day I first met Jacob we were both sitting in the Steen National Bank. Never would I...." Newt said but then trailed off. "Okay well, you can't stop. Oh my god Tina you look beautiful." Rory said as she realized why Newt stopped talking. "The maid of honor, I presume?" Newt asked as Tina walked up to both Rory and Newt hugging Rory. "Best man I gather," Tina said as she let go of Rory.  "You've done something to your hair?" Newt asked. "No. Oh. Well yes actually just for tonight." Tina told him. "Well, it suits you," Newt told her. "Thank you Newt," Tina says.

"Where's my bloody boyfriend I'll kill him if he's late," Rory said. Suddenly the clearing of a throat was heard behind her. "I'm right here darling," Theseus said. "Hello love." Rory greeted him with a kiss. "Hi. So good to see you." Lally said as she went up to Tina and hugged her. "Hi." Tina greeted Theseus. "How are you?" He greeted back. "You look wonderful, Lally." Newt complimented her. "Well thank you Newt I appreciate it. Good luck. Tina comes on you must tell me how MACUSA's been." Lally said as she dragged Tina inside. "Come on let's go inside," Rory said taking Theseus's hand and heading back to the bakery until Theseus stopped her. "What about us how do we look?" Theseus asked teasing Newt. "You both look fine," Newt said. "You okay?" Rory asked Newt. "Yeah, I'm alright," Newt told her. "You're not nervous, are you? Can't be nervous about a speech after saving the world Hmm." Theseus told him as he walked inside the bakery.

Rory turned her head and saw her father sitting on a bench across the street. Both Rory and Newt crossed the road to greet Dumbledore. "It's a historic day. Where once was before, there will now be after. Funny how historic days seem so ordinary when you're living them." He said. "Well, perhaps that's what happens when the world gets things right," Newt said. "Mm, it's jolly nice to know it happens occasionally," Dumbledore said. "We didn't know if I'd see you here." Newt and Rory said. "I wasn't sure you would either," Dumbledore told them. "Hey, Newt! Rory! Jacob seems to think he's lost the ring. Please tell me one of you got it." Queenie asked. "No, it's all good. Yep." Rory said as both Pickett and Trickett came out of Newt's pockets with the rings. "We should probably um..." Newt said pointing to the bakery. "Thank you Newt, Rory," Dumbledore told them. "What for?" Rory asked. "Pick your poison. I really couldn't have done it without you two." Dumbledore said.  Rory ran up to her dad and hugged him before starting to walk away with Newt and heading toward the bakery. "We'd do it again by the way. Should you ask?" Newt said then they both entered the bakery.

"You look absolutely stunning love," Theseus said as Rory stood beside him. "Thank you. You clean up well yourself." Rory told him. They all watched as Jacob and Queenie's ceremony went by with smiles on their faces. 

Even with all the craziness that had happened, Rory couldn't be happier she was finally with the man she loved and had friends that she wanted to keep forever.  Her life was perfect just the way it was only she was missing one thing......
——————————————————————————
Aghhh so excited for y'all to read the next chapter!!