Chapter 11

Finite!

Newt, Theseus, Tina, and Jacob with Nagini had made it out of the amphitheater

Newt, Theseus, Tina, and Jacob with Nagini had made it out of the amphitheater. The blue fire pursued them as they appeared in the cemetery. Flames arrived on the scene as Grindelwald's fire formed into a dragon-like figure. "Together. In a circle, your wand into the earth or all of Paris will be destroyed." Flamel said.
"Finite!" Theseus and Newt stuck their wand into the earth. "Finite!" Rory then stuck her wand into
"Finite!" Tina, Flamel, and Kama stuck their wands into the earth as well.

The group's protection backfired Grindelwald's until it disappeared.  Flamel was comforting Jacob as Nagini sat alone.  Newt shuffled over to Theseus and for the first time in his life, he wrapped his arms around him.  They got out of the embrace and saw Rory standing there in shock she then started to sob. "Theseus. I'm so sorry. I-it was supposed to be me. Not her. S-she took my place." Rory said starting to hyperventilate. "Rory, Rory," Theseus told her but he knew he had to stop her breathing so he cupped her face a kissed her. Rory didn't kiss back until a while later. "We didn't know Rory. It's alright. Besides I'm glad you're alright." Theseus told her and wrapped her in a hug and they both mourned for their friend and lover.  Newt saw his Niffler hurt and scorched. "Come on. Yeah no, I've got you." Newt said picking him up. Newt noticed he had Grindelwald's vial and he put it in his pocket.

When Theseus and Rory pulled away she went to Newt. "Don't you ever do that again Aurora." He said hugging her. "I'm sorry but someone had to do something." She told him. "I'm just glad you're okay," Newt told her kissing her forehead.
—-
Dumbledore was walking across the bridge from Hogwarts towards Newt, Rory, Theseus, Tina, Jacob, Nagini, Kama, Travers, and assorted Aurors. Newt walked ahead with his Niffler to meet Dumbledore and they met in the middle. "Is it true about Leta?" Dumbledore asked. "Yes," Newt said. "I'm so sorry," Dumbledore said. "Credence.." Newt trailed off.  "That is correct. I was hoping that you would've been able to save him from Grindelwald, but it is not your or my daughter's fault. If I had acted sooner then it wouldn't have happened." Dumbledore said.  Newt then pulled the vial out of his pocket. "It's a blood pact, isn't it. You swore you wouldn't fight each other or have your children fight your battles that's why Leta pushed Rory out of the way." Newt said. "How in the name of Merlin did you manage to get-?" Dumbledore asked but he saw the Niffler popping out of Newt's pocket sad to see the pedant go.

"Grindelwald doesn't seem to understand the nature of things he considers simple," Newt said. Dumbledore raised his hands to get the admonitors removed and Theseus unwrapped his arm from Rory's waist and raised his wand and took the Admonitors off of Dumbledore's wrist. The vial hung in the air between Newt and Dumbledore. "Can you destroy it?" Newt asked him.  "Maybe.. maybe." He said then looked at the Niffler. "Would he like some tea?" He asked. "He'll have some milk hide the teaspoons," Newt whispered to him as they walked to the castle with the others following behind them.
————————————————————————
Two more chapters left after  then the end of Crimes of Grindelwald <3