Chapter 5

A visit to Hogwarts

Rory woke up with the sun shining on her face

Rory woke up with the sun shining on her face.  She got out of bed and decided to shower. After her shower she had some breakfast and checked on some of the animals before Bunty came.

When she finished checking the animals she left a note for bunty that she would be gone for the day then she apparated to Hogwarts. As she made it to Hogwarts she heard a pop behind her and saw Theseus and Leta along with the rest of the Auror team.  She rolled her eyes and kept walking towards the school.  Rory saw the students poking their heads out the window and she smiled at some of them.

"This is a school you have no right. Oh and Professor your daughter is here." Professor Mcgonagall said as she entered his classroom. "I'm the head of Magical Law enforcement. I have a right to go wherever I please. Out of here." Travers said to the students in the classroom. "Go with Professor Mcgonagall please." Dumbledore said to the students. "I'll help you Professor." Rory said. "No you stay Dumbledore." Travers told her. "It's alright dear." Mcgonagall told her.  She nodded her head and stood next to her father.  "He's the best teacher we've got." McLaggen said. "Thanks McLaggen get out." Dumbledore told him. "Come McLaggen." Mcgonagall told him.

"Newt Scamander is in Paris." Travers said. "Really?" Dumbledore asked. "Cut the pretense. I know he's there on your order's. I'm surprised you didn't send your daughter always after that Scamander boy." Travers said. "Keep my daughter out of this and if you had the pleasure to teach them both you'd know Newt and Rory are not great followers of orders." Dumbledore said.  Travers  threw a book to Dumbledore and he caught it. "You've read The Predictions of Tycho Dodonus?" Travers asked Dumbledore. "Hmm many years ago." He responded.  "A son cruelly banished Despair of a daughter return-." Travers started to quote the book but Dumbledore interrupted. "Yes I know I used to read it to Rory." He said.  "There's a rumor this prediction refers to the Obscurial." Travers said. "His name is Credence."  Rory interrupted him but was ignored. "They say that Grindelwald wants-." Travers tried to say but was interrupted again.  "As a highborn henchman I've heard a rumor." Dumbledore said. "And yet Scamander appears wherever the Obscurial goes to protect him. Meanwhile you've built up quite the little network of international contacts." Travers said. "However long you keep my friends and daughter under surveillance you're not going to discover plots against you Travers because we want the same thing. The defeat of Grindelwald. But I warn you. Your policies of suppression and violence are pushing supporters into his arms." Dumbledore told him.  "I'm not interested in your warnings. Now it pains me to say it because we'll I don't like you but you are the only wizard that is his equal. I need you to fight him." Travers said now standing in front of Rory and Dumbledore. "I can't." Dumbledore said. "Because of this?" Travers asked and took his wand out to show a memory of Grindelwald and Rory's father. "You and Grindelwald were as close as brothers." Travers said. "Oh we were closer than brothers." Dumbledore said.  "Will you fight him?" Travers asked again. "I can't." Dumbledore said. "Well then you have chosen your side. From now on I shall know every spell you cast. I'm doubling the watch on you. And you will no longer teach Defense Against the Dark arts." Travers said then casted a spell on him. "I'll do it." Rory said. "No." Dumbledore told his daughter. "I'll do it Travers just do not punish my father." Rory told Travers. "Well I see at least one Dumbledore has a brain. Where's Leta we need to go to Paris" Tracer said then left.

Rory could feel Theseus eyes on her. "I will not let you do this." Dumbledore told her. "One of has to do something." Rory told him then left his classroom. "Theseus. Theseus if Grindelwald calls a rally don't try and break it up.  Don't let Travers send you in there.  Please protect my daughter, you know how stubborn she is." Dumbledore told him. "I will." Theseus said then left the room to find Rory and Leta.
—————————————————————-
Ahhh I hated this