Chapter 9

Marry me?

Rory lay in bed fast asleep

Rory lay in bed fast asleep. Theseus stood in the room pacing back and forth. Today would be the day he was going to ask Rory to marry him. He had already gotten Newt and her father's permission to ask. His mother even lent him the ring his father gave to his mother. Though he knew Rory loved him he still worried she'd say no. He only stopped pacing when he heard a groan come from Rory. "Love, why are you up early? And why are you pacing? Come back to bed." Rory told him as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"I'm sorry love didn't mean to wake you," Theseus said as he went to her side of the bed and bent down to kiss her temple. "Good morning," Rory said kissing him. "Morning love. It's time to get up we have to go to my mother's." Theseus told her. "Can we just lay in bed all day?" Rory asked. "Im afraid my mother will have our heads if we do not show up," Theseus told her. "Fine. I'm going to shower." Rory said getting out of bed. Theseus followed behind her. "What do you think you're doing?" Rory asked him. "Saving water," Theseus told her with a smirk.

As Theseus and Rory waited for Mrs. Scamander to open the door, Rory fixed Theseus's tie. "Why is it we have to dress up?" Rory asked him. "It's a celebration love," Theseus told her. "Yes you told me but not the reason why," Rory told him. "You'll find out soon enough," Theseus told her as his mother opened the door. "Hello, my lovelies. My son has been treating you well right dear?" Mrs. Scamander asked. "Of course," Rory said smiling and hugging the older women. "Good, I'll skin him otherwise." Mrs. Scamander said as she hugged her son. "I would never in a million years treat her poorly," Theseus said. "We'll go along then everyone is inside." Mrs. Scamander said as Rory and Theseus walked into the home hand in hand.

As they entered the couple greeted everyone. After a while Rory and Theseus separated from each other as Rory had found Newt and Tina, and Theseus had found one of his colleagues from work. "What exactly are we celebrating? I'm very confused. It seems as if your mother has invited the whole world." Rory told Newt.  "Uh w-Well you know my mother she loves having people over," Newt said. "I guess. So Tina how's being head of the American Auror office?" Rory asked. "Well, it definitely keeps me on my toes. I'm always busy." Tina told her. "And you weren't busy today?" Rory asked her. "Oh Uh no besides I'd be very afraid to say no to Mrs.Scamander," Tina told her. "You're not wrong about that. She's very sweet but makes it impossible for you to say no."Rory agreed.  "So how are you and Theseus?" Tina asked Rory. "We're doing really well actually though he's been weird recently. You too Newt. What's going on?" Rory asked Newt. "Nothing," Newt said quickly. "Uh huh, that was very convincing," Rory said.

Rory conversed with the many people attending the party trying to get an answer to why this party was happening but no one told her or they would avoid the question. "Rory dear child you seem troubled." Rory heard the voice of her father. "Dad. How are you I've missed you." Rory said hugging him. "I'm good now what's on your mind?" He asked her. "Nothing really I'm just confused as to why everyone is here. It seems like every time I ask they all avoid it. Will you tell me?" She asked him. "I would but I think you'll find out soon. Just trust me." Albus told her. "Ugh fine. I'm going to get some fresh air. If Theseus needs me I'll be outside." Rory said walking towards the backyard. "Albus, is she going out?" Theseus asked as he approached him. "Yes just like we wanted. Are you ready?" Albus asked him. "Yes just very nervous. What if she decides she doesn't want to marry me?" Theseus asked his anxiety getting the best of him.

"Look at me boy. My daughter has loved you for years. There's absolutely no way she would say no. As far as I'm concerned you're the love of her life and though it took years for you two to realize it, I have never seen two people perfect for each other. You challenge one another and that's good it keeps the relationship alive. Now go ask my daughter to marry you. We're all waiting." Albus told him pushing Theseus towards the outside area.

As Rory walked outside she saw how Mrs.Scamander had decorated the place. It looked like a fairy garden. Rory always loved coming out here as she felt at peace. It was her escape from reality and it also happened to be Theseus's favorite place as well. "Rory love, are you alright?" Theseus asked as he reached her. "Yes, just thinking," Rory told him. "About?" He asked. "Just how much I loved this place growing up," Rory told him. "Yes, I remember I'd always find you out here," Theseus told her. "Is there something on your mind that you'd like to share? Because you and your brother have been acting weird lately." Rory said facing him. "Yes about that I'm sorry. It's just I wanted to make this moment perfect." Theseus told her. "What moment?" Rory asked confused.

Theseus took a deep breath. "Rory, we've known each other since we were young. I remember the first summer you came home with Newt. You had your hair in two braids with bows at the end and Trickett on your shoulder. You had the biggest smile on your face as you greeted me and my mum. It was also the first day I saw you have one of your visions. You'd predicted I'd be a prefect. Though you were much younger than me I liked having you around. Even though I didn't find interest in magical creatures like you and Newt did I loved hearing you ramble about them. I also knew the day you came looking for Newt when that prick stood you up I took you out here and let you vent about what you were feeling the moment I looked into those beautiful brown eyes that shine in the sun I knew I was done for. And though it took me years to admit it you are the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with." Theseus said getting down on one knee and taking Rory's hand in his. Rory gasped covering her mouth in shock. "You're my best friend and soulmate in one. Though it took us years to finally be together I'm ready to start a new chapter of our lives.  You challenge me in many ways no one does and I need it every once in a while. Don't worry about your father I've already asked for permission. I also asked  Newt for permission that's why he's been acting weird. I was a fool for a very long time, but I want to be your fool forever so Aurora Lianna Dumbledore will you make me the happiest man in the wizarding world and Marry me?" Theseus asked as Trickett stood on his shoulder and passed him the ring. "Yes. Yes of course I'll marry you." Rory said as Theseus placed the ring on her finger and stood up to kiss her. The cheers of every one were heard in the background.

"I can't believe this was the one thing I didn't see coming," Rory said as she pulled away from Theseus. "I'm glad I thought you'd find out before I had the chance to do it," Theseus told her with a laugh. "Oh, I finally have a daughter. Though I always say you as my daughter. Thank you for loving my boy." Mrs. Scamander said as she went up to hug Rory.  "Of course. I love both of your boys. Always." Rory told her. "You sneak. How could you lie to me?" Rory said as Newt hugged her next. "I'm sorry it was very hard lying to you trust me. I almost spoiled it many times. I'm so happy for you." Newt told her.  "So when are you asking Tina?" Rory teased. "Oh shut it," Newt said.  "I'm so happy for you child," Albus told his daughter. "Thank you," Rory said as she hugged him. "You take care of my daughter," Albus told Theseus as he shook his hand. "Always sir," Theseus said looking down at Rory as he wrapped his arms around her. "Good," Albus told him.

"I love you," Theseus told her. "And I Love you too, my fool," Rory told him. "Look at us. The two fools in love now getting married." Theseus told her. "I wouldn't want it any other way," Rory said then kissed him with all the love and passion inside of her.

No matter where they were or who they were with the two fools would always find their way back to another.

————————————————————————
Ahh, this was so bad. Also, I'm literally so sorry it took me so long to finally update this story. Life kept me busy, but I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I did. Can't believe I actually finished a story. Thank you for all the love and support I really didn't expect this story to get recognized as I really only did it for fun. I have a bunch of other stories in my draft that I hope to release soon as well as other published stories so go check those out. Again thanks for reading I love you all <3.