Chapter 3

A visit from old friends

As Rory and Newt entered their apartment they noticed the light of a lamp kept flickering

As Rory and Newt entered their apartment they noticed the light of a lamp kept flickering. When they opened the door they saw it was a Niffler.  Rory then looked to the side and saw another was on a scale. Newt grabbed a pan and put it on top of the Niffler and put fruit on the other side of the scale. Rory caught the one that was on the scale and put it in her pocket.  She then heard a squeak as Newt opened the door to go down to the basement and both she and Newt turned their heads and saw one was on the top of a champagne bottle and the top came off and it came flying on the cork soaring past them into the basement. 

Rory looked at Newt then ran down to the basement.  "Bunty! Bunty! Bunty. The baby Nifflers are loose again!" Rory yelled to Newt and her assistant. Bunty grabbed a glove with a gold necklace attached to it and she tempted the last baby Niffler. Then tucked him into the cage with the other baby Nifflers filled with sparkling objects and then locked the cage. "Well done," Newt said. "I'm so sorry Newt, Rory. They must have picked the lock while I was cleaning out the Augureys." Bunty said. "Not to worry," Rory told her as she went down the steps.  "I fed nearly everyone. Pinky's had his nose drops and-" "and Elise?" Newt asked, interrupting Bunty. "Elsie's droppings are nearly normal," Bunty said smiling at Newt. Rory found it funny how oblivious Newt was to Bunty's crush on him.  "Wonderful. You can clock off now." Rory told her. Bunty then looked at her bandaged fingers. "We told you to leave the Kelpie to us," Newt said. "That wound needs more ointment," Bunty said. "We don't want you losing fingers over it," Rory told her. 

Rory and Newt then approached a patch of black water with Bunty following behind them. Newt and Rory took off their coats. "Seriously you go home now Bunty. You must be exhausted." Newt said putting his vest down.  "You know the Kelpie is easier with two," Bunty said, trying to avoid leaving. "Yes, that's why Rory is here," Newt told her. Rory rolled her sleeves up and put her hair in a bun. "Perhaps you should take off your shirt," Bunty said to Newt. Rory had to hold her laughter back.  "Don't worry I'll dry off quick enough," Newt said to her then jumped into the water.  "You know it's funny how oblivious Newt is," Rory told Bunty. "A-about what?" She asked. "About your crush on him," Rory said. "I-I don't have a crush on him," Bunty said.  "Okay," Rory said. She then saw Newt wrapped himself around the Kelipe and it burst up to the surface wetting both Rory and Bunty before it went back into the water. Rory and Bunty went up the stairs to the wood clearing as Newt and the Kelpie appeared there. "Someone needs to let off some steam," Newt said as Rory passed the ointment to him.  "You bite Bunty again, and there will be some trouble mister," Newt said to Kelpie as he applied the ointment.

There was a crash heard upstairs.  "What was that?" Bunty asked. "I don't know. But I want you to go home now Bunty." Rory said.  "Shall I call the ministry?" Bunty asked. "No. I want you to go home please." Newt told her.  Rory and Newt ran upstairs and Rory took her wand out to dry Newt's shirt. "Perhaps you should take off your shirt," Rory said mimicking Bunty. "Shut it," Newt told her slapping the back of her head.  "Ow Newton I'm just teasing." She said rubbing the back of her head. "I know but now is not the time." He told her.  "Right sorry," Rory said. "Just give me the  pieces."  "I got it."  "Honey, if you could." "Just give it to me." "They don't care." "If you could just give this to me sweetheart. Rory heard voices say. Rory took her wand out.  "Hey! Newt, Rory get over here you maniacs." Jacob said as he dropped the vase and came towards them and embraced them in a hug.  "We hope you don't mind Newt, Rory we let ourselves in. It's raining out there, cats and dogs. London's cold." Queenie said as she hung her coat. "You were supposed to have been obliviated," Newt said to Jacob. As Queenie embraced Rory.  "I know. It didn't work out, pal. I mean you said the potion only erases bad memories. I didn't have any. I mean don't get me wrong I had some weird ones and I had some scary ones, but this angel over here filled me in on all the bad parts. And here we are I guess huh?" Jacob said. "This is wonderful," Rory said.  "Wait is... Tina? Tina?" Newt said as he went towards the door and Rory stood with Queenie and Jacob. "Oh, it's just our honey. Me and Jacob." Queenie told him.  "Oh," Newt said. "Why don't I make us some dinner huh?" Queenie asked. "Yes!" Jacob said and sat at the table.  Rory went to Newt and pulled him aside. "Don't you think Jacob is acting a little clingy?" She asked him quietly but as Newt was about to answer Queenie started to talk to Newt. "Hey honey Teen and I aren't talking." She said. "Why?" Rory asked as She and Newt took a seat.  "Oh well you know she found out about Jacob and me seeing each other and she didn't like it because of the law Not allowed to Oop. Not allowed to date no-Maj. Not allowed to marry them. Blah blah blah. Well, she was all in tizzy anyway because of you, and congrats Rory." Queenie said as she cut Jacob's food for him. "I'm sorry congrats on what and what about Newt?" Rory asked. "Yeah, you Newt and Rory. It was spellbound.  Here I brought for you guys." Queenie said and used her wand to get the book and opened it to the page. "Newt Scamander with finance Leta Lestrange and future sister in law Aurora Dumbledore and an unknown woman," Queenie said. Rory spits her water out and started choking. Newt patted her back. "I'm sorry what! Theseus is marrying Leta not Newt and I'm certainly not marrying Theseus." Rory said.  "Oh! Oh, dear. We'll see Teen read that and she started dating someone else." Queenie said as she took a seat next to Jacob. 

Rory saw Jacob look like he was in a drunken state. "He's an Auror. His name is Achilles Tolliver." Queenie said. "Tolliver!" Jacob said laughing.  Newt and Rory both looked at each other with raised eyebrows. "Anyway, we are excited to be here Newt, Rory. This is a special trip for us. You see Jacob and I are getting married!" Queenie said. Rory's mouth dropped open in shock. "I'm marrying Jacob," Jacob said and spilled the water in his face. "Ah!" Queenie said making confetti come out of her wand.  "You've enchanted him haven't you?" Newt thought. "What? I have not." Queenie defended herself as she read his mind. " Will you stop reading my mind? Rory mentioned he looked dazed." Newt thought. "Queenie you've brought him against his will," Rory said in her thoughts.  "Oh, that is an outrageous accusation. Look at him. He's just happy so happy." Queenie said cleaning Jacob's face. "Then you won't mind if I um-." Newt stood up and took out his wand and Queenie stood in front of Jacob. Rory stood up as well and took out her wand from behind her back pocket.  "Please don't," Queenie said.  "Queenie you've got nothing to fear if he wants to get married. We can just lift the enchantment and he can tell us himself." Newt said and drew his wand. "What did you get there? Whatcha gonna do with that Mr. Scamander?" Jacob asked. 

Before Newt could say the spell Rory did it herself. "Surgito." She said. And Jacob spazzed and a pink smoke in the shape of a heart erupted from above his head. "Congratulations on your engagement Jacob," Newt said.  "Wait what?" Jacob asked confused. "Oh no, you didn't." He said as he turned to face Queenie. She let out a sob and she ran to her suitcase and grabbed it then ran out of the apartment.

"Queenie!" Jacob shouted after her. He turned to Newt and Rory. "It was very nice to see you. Where the hell am I right now?" Jacob asked. "London," Rory told him. "Oh! I always wanted to go here!" Jacob said then also ran out of the apartment. "Well, that was a lovely dinner," Rory said sarcastically. Newt was going to hit the back of her forehead but she caught him before he could. "I will hex you, Newton." She said.
——————————————————————————-
I'm back from my trip so I'll be updating whenever I can. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. <3