Chapter 1

1939
Finding the Qilin

Rory and Newt are currently in Kweilin, China looking for a Qilin

Rory and Newt are currently in Kweilin, China looking for a Qilin. Newt was rowing the boat while Rory was sitting with Trickett on her shoulder and waiting for them to land. When they got to the small island Newt got off the boat first and then helped Rory get off the boat. Newt and Rory heard the creature moaning. "She's ready," Newt said. They went towards where they heard the noise of the creature and found her lying on the ground in pain. Rory pet the Qilin in an attempt to calm it when it stood up and that's when she and Newt saw the egg. It started to hatch and a baby Qilin came out. "Beautiful," Rory said as she saw the mother and the young Qilin bonding. "Alright, you two. Now comes the tricky bit." Newt said as Rory opened his case.

"That's quite a beautiful picture you have of Tina eh Newt." Rory teased him. "Bug off Rory I'd say the same about the one you have of my brother," Newt said making Rory go quiet.

Unknown to them Credence and two of Grindelwald's followers had found them as they were also in search of the Qilin. The mother Qilin was hit with the killing curse twice. That's when Rory and Newt stood up and took out their wands to put a protection spell around them but Credence easily broke through it. "Run Rory! Accio!" Newt said as he grabbed his case and Rory grabbed the Qilin and ran as fast as she could. As they ran Newt had tripped causing big him to fall on top of Rory and send them tumbling. Rory saw the Qilin and got to it as quickly as she could. Newt whistled and his case had grown legs and arms. Credence and the other two ladies shot spells at them trying to stun Newt and Rory as they ran. One grabbed onto Rory as she held tight to the Qilin and the other handheld her wand and she stunned the women. A spell had hit both Rory and Newt knocking them into the water.

Newt and Rory Landed on the shore both semi-unconscious. Credence and the two women approached them and grabbed the Qilin. "Aurelius, don't!" Rory coughed out. Credence froze at the name but then composed himself and kept walking away leaving Rory and Newt.

After Credence and the two women left they had gone back to check on the Qilin. The mother was still alive but taking her last breaths. "I'm so sorry," Rory said to the Qilin. Newt heard a noise and turned to see there was another Qilin. The mother gave birth to twins. Rory scooped it up in her arms and laid down on the mother next to Newt. "Twins. You had twins." Newt said. Rory opened the case and Teddy came out. Rory gave teddy a tired smile as he went down and grabbed another one of the creatures. It flew up and out of the case grabbing a knocked-out Rory and Newt. It carried them away from the island and to Theseus's home.

As Newt and Rory were in Theseu's home Rory sat next to the Qilin and Newt sat with Theseus in front of him. "What are you both doing with a Qilin? Hm? Or is she another one of your secrets?" Theseus asked them. "Yes. And you mustn't tell anyone that you've seen her." Rory told him. "We're quite serious Theseus," Newt said. "All right," Theseus told them. "Just out of interest. How did you get her to settle?" Newt asked him. "I uh, I sang to her," Theseus admitted. "Excuse me? You sang to her?" Rory asked confused. "You know that song that mum used to sing about the muggles who fell down the well?" Theseus asked Newt. Newt looked at him confused and so did Rory.

"There was an old muggle who fell down the well." "but along came a witch who did him a spell." "When the muggle awoke he said Dear woman, do tell us it heaven I'm in. Or have I gone straight to.." Newt and Theseus sang and the Qilin rose from its spot on Rory and made a happy noise. "Come to think of it, that might have been one of Dad's old drinking songs," Theseus said as he looked at the Qilin with a small smile and then locked eyes with Rory. "That's remarkable. They rarely consent to human contact, you know." Rory said. "Unless they sense affinity." Newt also commented. "And she senses an affinity with you two does she?" Theseus asked turning back to Newt. "Yes." They both answered. "Well there you have it, we are brothers after all Newt and Rory you are the love of my life," Theseus said looking at both of them.
————————————————————————-
Ahhhh I finally updated I'm so sorry it took so long, but glad I finally updated. I just love Rory! And I'm very sad they took the deleted scene of Theseus and Newt out so I incorporated it into my story :) Also sorry it's short I promise the other chapters will be longer but I hope you enjoyed this <3.