Chapter 5

Back to Hogwarts again

Rory, Newt, and Theseus walked through the doors of the Great Hall

Rory, Newt, and Theseus walked through the doors of the Great Hall.  It felt good to be back. "Not that either of you asked, but I would highly recommend learning charms," Lally said to a Slytherin and Gryffindor student as Rory, Newt, and Theseus approached her. "Lally," Bret called to her. "What kept you three?" Lally asked them.  "Uh, we encountered some complications. You?" Rory asked.  "We encountered some complications," Lally told her as she handed her the recent post in the Daily Prophet. "Jacob tried to murder Grindelwald?" Theseus asked confused. "It's a long story," Lally told him as they all turned to look at Jacob who sat with a couple of Hogwarts students.  "Jacob, look who I found," Lally said as she called to him.  "Hey. It's my wizard friends, Newt, Theseus, and Rory. We're like this okay, and that's me right there. I gotta go. Alright, have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Jacob told the students as he got up from the table and walked to the group. 

"Can you believe this place? They've got pint-sized little witches and wizards running around here." Jacob said excitedly. "You don't say," Theseus said sarcastically then started to walk away, Rory and Newt following close behind him as she smacked his arm. "Don't put down his excitement. Remember he didn't grow up with all of this like us." Rory told him. "Sorry, love." Theseus apologized. "Newt, Theseus, and Rory all went to Hogwarts," Lally told Jacob as they caught up with them. "Oh, I knew that. Well, they're being very nice to me. The Slytherin boys over there gave me these. They're delicious who wants one?" Jacob said as he offered cockroach clusters. "I never cared for cockroach clusters much myself, although Honeydukes is supposed to be the best," Newt told Jacob as he and the rest of the group walked to the front of the hall.

The bell rang letting the students know breakfast was over. "McGonagall." Theseus greeted her as she passed them. "Albus," Theseus said. "Well done. All of you, well done. Congratulations." Dumbledore said. "Congratulations?" Theseus asked confused. "Indeed. Professor Hicks managed to foil an assassination. And you are alive and well. The fact that everything didn't go precisely to plan was precisely the plan." Dumbledore said. "Countersight 101." Both Rory and Lally said. "Albus forgive me, but aren't we back where we started?" Theseus asked. "Actually, I would argue that things are... a great deal worse. You haven't told them have you?" Albus said looking at both Rory and Lally. "Grindelwald's been allowed to stand in the election," Lally said. "What?" "But how?" Both Theseus and Newt asked. "Because Vogel chose easy over right," Dumbledore said as he took his wand out and created a 3D model of Bhutan. "Bhutan." Both Rory and Newt said. "Correct. Three points to Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. The kingdom of Bhutan sits high in the Eastern Himalayas. It's a place of indescribable beauty. Some of our most important magic has its origins there. They say if you listen carefully enough, the past whispers to you. It also happens to be where the election will be held." Dumbledore said. "He can't win, can he?" Theseus asked. "Only a few days ago he was a fugitive from justice. Now he is an official candidate in the International Confederation of Wizards. Dangerous times favor dangerous men. By, the way we'll be dining with my brother in the village. Should you need anything before then, Minerva is here." Dumbledore said as he walked out of the Great Hall. "Dumbledore has a brother?" Lally asked. "Mhm," Rory responded as she went up to McGonagall to catch up with her.

Time skip to later that night
The group walked through Hogsmeade until they reached Aberforth's pub. "Here we are," Dumbledore said as he opened the door and walked in the rest following behind. "Bunty, you're here," Newt said as he saw his assistant. "Yes," Bunty told him with a smile. "How is she?" Rory asked Bunty referring to the Qilin. "Oh, she's fine," Bunty told her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's Alfie done now? Wait you've not been biting Timothy's bottom again have you?" Newt said as he picked Alfie up from the floor. "Miss Broadarce, I trust my brother has been a gracious host?" Albus asked Bunty. "Yes, ever so gracious," Bunty told him. "I'm delighted to hear. Uh so rooms have been arranged for you in the village, and Aberforth here will prepare you a delicious dinner, his own recipe." Dumbledore said as he walked out of the room.

The group sat around the table as Aberforth served them. "There's more of that if you want it," Aberforth said walking away. "Thank you, uncle." Rory thanked him. Now the food didn't look appetizing but it was all they had so they ate it. "Astonishing. Never has something that looks so repellent tasted so delicious." Theseus said as he ate his food, Rory sitting beside him. "Who's this little one? Do you mind?" Jacob said as the Qilin made noise. "She's a Qilin, Jacob. She's incredibly rare. One of the most beloved creatures in the Wizarding World." Newt told him. "Why?" Jacob asked. "Cause she can see into your soul," Rory told him. "Oh, oh. You're kidding me." Jacob said as the Qilin went up to him. "No. So, if you are good and worthy, then she'll see that. But if, on the other hand, you're cruel and deceitful, then she'll know that too." Newt said. "Oh yeah? Does she tell you that or..." Jacob questioned. "Not exactly tells," Rory told him. "Well, she bows, but only in the presence of someone truly pure of heart. I mean, almost none of us are, of course, no matter how good of a person one tries to be. There was a time, many, many years ago when the Qilin chose who'd lead us." Lally informed him. As dinner went on Rory looked up from her plate and saw a message written in the mirror but she decided to say nothing and just laugh as Jacob played with the Qilin.

When dinner finished Newt got up and went to find Dumbledore while Rory sat with Theseus talking. "I think Credence is my uncle's son," Rory told Theseus as he wrapped his arms around her. "What?" Theseus asked her. "I know the summer my father and Grindelwald fell in love my uncle had met someone as well, but she was sent away I believe. There were rumors about a child. Credence, I'm pretty sure he's a Dumbledore. Maybe that's why I always him in my visions and why I wanted to protect him so much. I've could've had a relative to grow up with. I might not have been able to save him because he can't be saved, but I could've helped him. He may be able to save us." Rory said. "Hey, listen to me love, you were not aware okay? Yes maybe if you had found out sooner he would've had a better life but you can't always save people." Theseus told her. "I think he's dying. I know the Phoenix comes to him. My dad knows it too. Hell, he's been through it before, my aunt Ariana was an Obscurial. He told me that she never learned to express her magic, just like Credence and over time it grew darker and began to poison her. He said none of them were capable of easing her pain." Rory told Theseus. "How did she die?" Theseus asked. "My father said he and his brother had gotten into an argument because he and Grindelwald wanted to run away. No one heard her come down as they both drew their wands. They aren't sure who's spell hit her but they both carry this immense guilt." Rory told him. "I'm sorry," Theseus told her. "It's alright I didn't know her," Rory said as she yawned. "You should go to our room I need to talk to your father and Newt about something really quickly okay? I'll join you when I finish." Theseus said as he kissed her temple and she got up from his arms. "Alright don't be too long, love." She said kissing him then leaving with Lally.

Rory was laying in her bed almost fully asleep when she sat up and felt her eyes go foggy. Rory saw the image of the dead Qilin. It was then put in the water as Grindelwald revived it. She saw the image of Grindelwald asking Credence if there was another Qilin. How he attacked and pinned Credence's weak body to the wall and gave him a final warning before leaving the room and that's when Rory woke up. "Are you okay love?" Rory heard the voice of Theseus as he made his presence known. "You're back," Rory said as she calmed her breathing and saw he was ready for bed wearing his pajama pants and no shirt to be seen. "What did you see?" Theseus asked as he sat next to her on the bed. "He knows. Grindelwald knows there's another Quilin." Rory told him. "We'll deal with this tomorrow you must get rest okay? Love." Theseus said as he wrapped his arms around her and they laid down under the covers. "What did you talk to my father and Newt about?" Rory asked him as she laid her head on his chest. "Nothing to worry your pretty head about now sleep, love. We'll talk more in the morning." Theseus told her and kissed her forehead before they both closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep.
—————————————————————————-
Ahhh I finally updated after like so long! I'm sorry it took forever school is literally kicking my ass already but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter <3. What do you think Theseus talked to Newt and Dumbledore about ;)