||Before You Go||

||BEFORE YOU GO||

||BEFORE YOU GO||

Baka! I hate you! I hate you! You told me you are not going to leave me. Why you must go away now and to never ever return.

Even if I tell you that I hate you, I know that I'll just be kidding myself.

I kept running.

A flashback came into my mind haunting me and it was the time you told me you're going on a mission.

Flashback:

We dance in your kitchen as you, me and your little brother, Senjuro make some onigiri. I remember you making a literal rice ball while me and Senjuro giggled at your work of art.

"Silly you." I said as I kiss your cheeks. You always get flustered whenever my lips touches your supple cheeks.

At night, we climbed up the roof. Our usual spot for stargazing.

"I'm going on a mission tomorrow. It's a dangerous one." He suddenly told me. I become worried.

"Can you not go?" I pleaded with sadness visible in my eyes.

"I have a duty to fullfill. I want you to not worry about me. I'll come back home I promise." Kyojuro planted a kiss on my lips.

"You better come home." I pulled him by his collar and crash my lips onto him. The stars are twinkling at the vast sky.

I remember that after a day, I was waiting for you to come home because you told me that you'll come back.

But you never did.

In a storm, instead of you. Two kakushis came into our home and told me a terrible news.

You are gone.

I broke down crying in the middle of the rain

I broke down crying in the middle of the rain. And cried even more when they brought a huge box inside our home.

They opened it and I saw you.

A smile still lingers on your lips. Senjuro soon broke down crying next to me. I hugged him tight and cried together.

End of flashback

And now after 3 days, here I am in front of your grave. Holding your haori, your smell still lives and I couldn't help but cried once more.

I know you were hurting because of your father's words of discouragement. You have a fragile soul and your fiery personality is just a facade so you won't break down.

Then why am I the one who's brekaing down right now.

Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?

"Why? Why did you leave us?" I said holding onto my stomach.

I found out I was carrying your future tsuguko just today when I visited the butterfly estate and told Shinobu the symptoms.

How am I suppose to raised your child without you? Who's going to teach him or her the breath of Flame?

I kneel down on your grave and cry my eyes out.

"I miss you, my sunshine. I love you so much that I could not accept your death. But, I'll be strong for our child. I'll let your future tsuguko know that you are a legend." I said while rubbing my still small belly.

Soon the rain stops and the cloud disappeared. The sun shined directly towards me as if you are saying sorry.