||Where You Belong||

"Rengoku-san?" Mitsuri looks at the Flame Pillar who's currently standing in the middle of the rain. The tomb of his lover is in front of him.

His tears mix together with the rain. Kyojuro's heart is aching like the rain the pain kept going. He wonders when will it stop.

"I hope I hear your name. Hope I get to see your face." His voice quivers as tears continues to fall from his eyes.

He dropped down on the ground and Mitsuri came to his aid.

"Rengoku-san, it's not your fault." She looked at the duo colored hair female.

"I was too late. I promised to protect her with my whole life and yet she slipped through my finger tips." Kyojuro looked at his trembling hands. He remember those days where she could still hold his hands.

Her laughter rings on his hear like a beautiful melody.

Memory of the night when he lost her floods into his mind

Flashback

The flame hashira has been called to back up the feline hashira together with Kamado Tanjiro. His pace is fast.

Kyojuro is restless.

Worried.

His lover is endangered and fighting an uppermoon. He doesn't want to take a break.

Once they got to the location, the feline hashira's on the ground with a pool of blood beneath her. No more sign of the uppermoon that left her in this situation.

"(Y/N)!" He quickly went to her aid. Kyojuro held her in his arms. Her eyes fluttered open but it was no longer the same. The life is slowly fading in her eyes.

She lift her hand weakly and put it on his cheek,"K-Kyojuro, I'm sorry. I'm too weak to--" He cuts her off.

"No more talking. You need the energy to be alive. Please don't die." He pleaded.

"I-I...I love you, my sunshine. I cannot hold on much longer. You have to go on with your life even if I'm no longer by your side. Remember that I love you so much." She weakly said.

The flame hashira, leaned down to give her cold lips a soft kiss.

"I love you so much more. You gotta try to stay alive." Kyojuro's tears begun to fell.

She smiled at him.

"Stay healthy and live your utmost life. I'll still be with...you." With those last words her life was taken from her.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! NOOOO! STAY WITH ME. PLEASE I NEED YOU BY MY SIDE." Tanjiro placed a hand on his shoulder as he sobs.

End of flashback

"Rengoku-san, I think (Y/N)-san wouldn't like it if you get sick."

"I'll be fine, Kanroji-san. There's nothing more painful than this feeling in my chest. I miss her so much." He said as he touched the tombstone of the late Feline Hashira.

He waited for her to come home the day he received that back up message.

Kyojuro promise that even though he'll cry. He will try to survive and be strong. He prays that if they get to be reincarnated, he'll see her once again and never leave or let her die again.

Because with her, he knows where he belongs.

~~~

A/N: ack I kinda had writer's block when I wrote this so, I'm sorry if this doesn't end up good. 😔