||Battlefield||

||Battlefield||

"I refuse to this kind of thing!" The young girl exclaimed as she was called in for a meeting.

"(Y/N), I know how much you love him but he---" She cuts off Shinobu's sentence by slamming her blade onto the ground.

"No! There is another way to settle this. I don't want him to get killed." She looked at their master with pleading eyes and tears on the rim of her eyelids.

"(L/N)-san, there's no point in defending a demon! If we refuse to kill him now and he eat a human, how will you be able to live for the rest of your life." Uzui Tengen, the sound hashira said.

"How can you say that to your best friend?! Can't you please reconsider the possibility of him to be like Nezuko-chan! Why can't you all see that he's harmless." She defended with all her might.

"You're an idiot for thinking that!" Sanemi snapped at her.

"Well, you're a bigger idiot! If you're going to kill him, I'll go against the corps rule and protect him!" (Y/N) run away from the headquarters leaving her blade on the floor.

She run and run until she reached the forest. The female stopped on her tracks and stare at her reflection on the lake.

She stayed their until the sun sets down and darkness engulfs the surroundings.

"It isn't wise to stay out this late." A familiar voice said. She turned and saw her lover. Who's appearance is now different.

"K-Kyojuro." Her lips trembled as tears flows down her cheeks.

"Hi, my moonlight." She didn't care even if he's a demon. She ran towards him and engulfs him in a hug.

"I don't care what they say. I only want to be with you demon or not."

"You and I we have to let each other go." Her eyes went wide upon hearing those words escape his mouth.

Is he breaking up with her?

"I don't understand you."

"We're not alike. I'm a demon and being with me means you're breaking the corps rule." Kyojuro says to her with obvious sadness on the tone of his voice.

Leaving the one he loves will definitely broke the two of them but she doesn't want to suffer from any of this. He gently caress her hair and kisses her forehead.

"I don't care about the demon slayer corps. I want to be with you. I'll go unarmed on this battlefield with you."

Feelings begin to shift like a tide.

He thinks about the future but what seemed like a good idea is now turning into a battlefield.

A battle between heart and mind.

"Why don't you just follow what your heart says this time?" She said looking deep into his golden orbs.

"It will be an illusion if I followed my heart." Kyojuro clutch onto his chest as (Y/N) put a hand over it.

I'm sorry. He told her as Kyojuro got out of her grip and run.

"Please, don't run! Don't run away from me. I promise if you stay, I'll be strong for both of us." No matter how convincing her words are Kyojuro still made a decision to let her go.

Years passed and still Kyojuro hasn't eaten any human flesh. Although the two of them are no longer together, he still secretly watch her from afar.

It's easy to fall in love but it's so hard to break somebody's heart~