Indescribable

There are many emotions: happiness, sadness, confusion, rage, bitterness, exhaustion, pity, boredom, yearning, confidence, joy... But there are many that simply cannot be described with a single word.

There's the feeling the day after doing something incredible and unforgettable - the contentment that mixes lowly with the gradually settling sorrow of being away from the experience. The exhaustion that tinges the edges of your vision and calls you to your bed at the end of the day. The swooping and swinging from one describable emotion to the next, all churning and mixing to form one collective feeling, deep in the pit of your stomach.

There's the intense burn in the depths of your heart when you catch just a glimpse of the life you most want to live. The impatience to get what you yearn for, the resignation of settling back for the long haul, the determination to work hard to achieve it all. The crashing wave that sweeps all other thoughts away and grips your innards with an ever-tightening hold.

There's the leaping, singing joy and connection that draws you in when you see the person or thing or idea that makes you feel the most alive. Even a simple fictional being that exists only in the imagination of mankind - the one that fills in the gaps with semi-transparent joy, temporary but enough, for now. The hunger and near-obsession that others just can't quite seem to understand - and the intense fear that the connection will vanish.

There's so much that cannot be defined or recreated - and such is the unmatchable beauty of humanity.