4

raelyn
"rae" my english teacher, mrs.swatts, greeted me when i walked in.

"hey miss" i gave her a small smile.

i walked over to my desk and set my things down. i saw maeve coming in and walked over to me. "i fucking hate mr.hayes" she mumbled while sitting down.

"why?" i made a face.

"i turned in an assignment late because i wasn't there and he gave me a zero and told me i shouldn't have been absent!" mae complained to me. "he gave me a fucking zero because i was absent even though i did the assignment!"

i just looked at her and laughed.

"that doesn't make any sense!" she groaned while setting her pencil down aggressively.

"maeve?" mrs.swatts raised a brow up while she sat down at her desk. "keep it down"

"sorry" mae mumbled. "do you know who mr.hayes is?"

"ugh" mrs. swatts scoffed. "of course i do, that man is a menace to this school"

"i heard he sent some kid to the office because he was-"

"enough" mrs.swatts cut a student off. "class is starting, where did we leave off yesterday?"

"we were finishing up our thesis statement" kylie said.

no one likes her she's irrelevant such a kissass

"right" mrs.swatts nodded. "you're gonna write down your thesis statement and finish up the essay, got it?"

a bunch of mumbled 'yeahs' and 'mhms' where heard.

after working on the boring ass essay the whole period the bell finally rang. maeve and i got our stuff and walked out.

"i wanna go home" i whined when we met up with tycee.

i leaned my head on her shoulder and she patted my cheek with her hand.

"i hate it here" i mumbled.

"we all do" maeve sent me a look. "i gotta go to fucking spanish... i hate that teacher"

"someone's grumpy today" tycee chuckled after maeve left us. "what happened to her?"

"mr.hayes gave her a zero on an assignment she did because she was absent" i laughed while telling her.

"i would be mad too" ty shrugged. "mr.hayes is a dick"

tycee and i walked into physics and sat down in our seats. mr.kirk took attendance and told us to do our work for the whole class.

he's pretty chill and lets us work together.

"why are you staring at me?" i chuckled while pulling tycees desk next to mine.

"i don't know" ty shrugged.

"can i ask you a question?" i asked her while resting my head on my hand.

"depends what kinda question" tycee giggled cutely.

"i don't think it's bad" i told her. "i just need you to be honest"

"okay" she said, her cheeks reddening a little.

"do you like me?" i asked while fiddling with my pencil. "like have feelings for me ty, be honest"

"uh" she let out a nervous laugh. "you want me to be honest?"

"yeah" i nodded. "yes, be honest"