Asher

No matter what I try that damn smile won't leave my face.

I can still feel and smell him. I touch my hand where it touched his. A groan escapes my mouth. It had taken everything in me not to take him balls deep right there in his kitchen.

His arousal had hit me like a truck, his hard cock rubbing against mine was pure blissful torture. My wolf had clawed at me to take him, claim him, mark him.

I'd almost done it, his neck had been right there. His skin had smelt and felt amazing.

Clay jumps on me the moment I walk inside.

"Damn! What did you do? Bend him over and take him right then and there. Thought you were helping him open boxes not his pants," he teases me. I shove him away, not wanting to lose Nai's scent from my clothes.

"Shut it!" I bark at him. "Where's Dad?" I ask. It's time to tell him, especially if Nai is going to be coming over tomorrow.

I know Dad won't have an issue with my mate being a guy, but Mum might. Not because she's against guys being together, but because alphas should be able to produce children to continue the alpha line, which can make the pack strong.

Or they used to, I used to hear stories of alpha's being continuously challenged because they could not produce an heir to pass the pack on to. That sounds exhausting.

Many packs still like to keep it in the family but over the years not all alphas have given birth to alpha children. Some have sired betas and even a few omegas.

So it's not as big a deal as it used to be, however I know Mum wants grandchildren. Hopefully, she can be happy with adopted ones, I mean if that's what Nai wants. He may not want children. There are always abandoned pups who've lost their families.

"He's in his office," he tells me. He follows behind me dutifully, as a beta should, as I make my way to Dad's office. I hear Dad tell us to come in when I knock.

"Hey Dad, you got a minute?" I ask.

"For you, always," he smiles at me as he stops what he's doing and looks at us waiting.

"What's going on?" he asks me after I try and fail several times to speak. I'm nervous, a nagging thought in the back of my mind has me frozen.

What if he doesn't accept it? He's always introducing girls to me, hoping to find me a mate.

"Well the thing is Alpha, your son has found his mate," Clay says excitedly for me when I still haven't spoken. I glare at him as he leans back in the chair, smirking. I am both annoyed and grateful to him.

"Really! That's fantastic!" he shouts just as excitedly. "Nola! Nola!" he calls for Mum who comes running in looking worried.

"What! What's wrong!" she asks as she notices me, my nerves double and somersault in my stomach. Clay's smirking at me as I continue to glare at him, he is clearly enjoying my discomfort.

"Our son has found his mate," Dad tells Mum, a huge smile on his face. She squeals as she runs to me and pulls me up. Her small arms practically choke me.

"Who is she? Where did you meet her?" she bombards me with questions, not giving me a chance to answer any of them.

Dad pulls her off me and tells her to calm down.

"Easy Nola, calm yourself" he chuckles. "Give him a chance to answer the question before you give him another one and at least let him breathe. You were hugging him so hard," she glares but he soon wipes that away when he kisses her nose.

"Tell us about her son," he asks proudly. I rub the back of my neck, Clay pats me on the back to show his support.

"You know him already, Dad," I start saying, they look at each other confused then their eyes are back on me. "It's Nai," I tell him before I watch the penny drop on Dad's face but Mum's still confused.

"Are you sure?" he asks me. I nod, Mum starts getting annoyed.

"What's wrong? What is it?" she demands. Dad nods at me to explain.

"Nai Li, my mate, is a boy Mum. His mum has just started work at Dad's surgery. He's human and deaf," I tell her. She looks frozen in shock.

"He's my mate, it doesn't matter if he's a guy. Both my wolf and I feel the connection. He feels it too," I speak as strongly as I can. Mum starts to cry, that kills me.

She quickly leaves the room without another word. Dad sighs before patting me on the shoulder.

"I understand Asher, the moon goddess is never wrong. Just give your mum some time, she'll come around to the idea," he doesn't look like he believes that. When I pull a face Dad eyes me suspiciously.

"What?" he asks.

"Well, I ... I've invited him to come over tomorrow after school," I say. Dad sighs again and nods leaving to find Mum.

I sit down with a heavy sigh. I can feel a huge weight on my back. Clay pats my shoulder, before gripping it.

"It'll be fine Ash, once she meets Nai she'll fall head over heels for him," I know he's trying to reassure me but I'm not so sure. Seeing Mum cry and being the cause of it hurts.

"Maybe he shouldn't come over tomorrow," I sigh. "Give Mum a bit more time to get used to the idea before he comes over." Clay nods agreeing.

In my room, I collapse onto my bed before taking my phone out. I want to call him but I'm not sure how that will work so I decide to message him.

'Hey Nai, we have to cancel tomorrow, sorry,' I type. I stare at the message for a long time. My wolf is trying to take control and prevent me from sending it, he wants his mate here. I ignore my wolf's growls and I eventually press send. I don't have to wait long for a reply.

'Why? Is everything ok?' he sends back, I can imagine the look of worry on his handsome face.

'Yeah everything is fine, it's just not a good idea for you to come here," I put back.

'Oh ok,' he put back, a strange feeling stabs me in the heart. It's like I can feel his worry turn to disappointment.

'Yeah sorry, we can do something else tomorrow. Go for a drive if you want,' I offer but he never replies. I look at my phone about fifty times that night but he never replies.

Both Mum and I are quiet at dinner, I hate her silence but I'm more worried about Nai. Luke chats with Dad oblivious to any tension. Mum avoids looking at me, I try to catch her eye but I give up.

I try to sleep, but I can't. The phone in my hand never goes off again. I know something is wrong with my mate. I think about running to his house, but I change my mind. I know that wouldn't be a good idea.

I leave early again the next morning, hoping to see Nai as he pulls up. Clay finds me again on the steps and again teases me about leaving him. I ignore him, I don't even growl at him.

"What's up? You worried about your mum?" he asks me. I shake my head, sure I'm worried about her but something is wrong with my mate. As soon as I see his truck, I leave Clay behind and go straight to him.