Asher

"Because it's not me!" Max shouts at Nai.

I see Nai freeze in shock, as does Clay and I. A second ago I'm getting angry at the 'gorilla' and 'man whore' comment as well as the insinuation that Nai is just someone to be used once a week. Then he shouts that.

"What!" I hear Nai whisper.

Max steps up, grabs his shoulders and looks back at me a moment before planting a kiss on Nai's lips. My wolf snarls at me to burst out and kill the human for touching our mate, but I manage to clamp him down. Instead, I head straight down the steps but I stop halfway down.

Nai pushes him away and instantly punches him. I'm both surprised and turned on at the same time. My man just punched someone for kissing him.

I want to pound into him right now, bringing him to the most pleasurable high he has ever felt as a reward. Nai quickly turns and walks to me, I move to meet him.

"Nai!" Max calls to him, rubbing his cheek.

Once he's in front of me I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him flush against me. I've no doubt he can feel how turned on I am right now, but to my annoyance, he focuses on Max.

"Max what the hell were you thinking?" he demands in a strong voice that isn't helping calm my growing erection down.

"Nai ... I ....." Max stammers.

"Tell me what the fuck you were thinking?" he demands, again, his strong voice goes straight to my cock.

Nai doesn't usually swear but when he does it's hot as fuck. He mainly only swears when I'm balls deep inside him, pounding his ass. I really need to stop thinking about this, or at least get Max and Clay to leave quickly.

"I ... I love you Nai, I've always loved you," he says in a whisper. Nai freezes in my arms before sighing.

"Since when?" he asks.

"I realised after I left. I had always been attracted to you, but you were my friend. At first, I thought it was just because I thought you were cute. Then when I couldn't see you anymore I realised that I had actual feelings for you. That's why I tried really hard to get back to you. When I was too late it crushed me. Then I thought if I was patient and waited until I saw you in college, I would confess how I felt, then you and I would be together. I never thought that you would have had a boyfriend or even a girlfriend."

"Oh nice, thanks for making me sound like a loser," Nai teases his friend with a small smile on his face. I can tell he is trying not to hurt his friend's feelings. Max gives him a little smile back.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that since I never saw you interested in anyone, not even anyone famous. So I assumed you would still be the same. Especially after what you went through with those assholes," he says. Nai nods and sighs.

"I'm really sorry Max but I don't think of you that way, I never have. It wouldn't change even if I wasn't with Asher, I would still only want to be your friend," he tells him, tightening his grip on my arms. Max sighs and nods, looking defeated.

"I guess I knew that, I was just hoping ... never mind." He then looks at me properly for the first time.

"I'm sorry," he says before walking off. Nai removes my hands and stops him from leaving.

"Wait! Where are you going?" he asks. A part of me growls that he moved away from me, I want him back in my arms.

"I should get home, I have class in the morning," Max explains.