Nai

After the big reveal, Asher and I spent even more time together.

At school, I didn't really have any problems because of our relationship, well not as many as I thought I was going to have.

I knew all the girls fancied him, but only a few of the popular ones tried cornering me and demanding to know why he'd picked me, a freak who couldn't hear. That didn't sting as much as it had in the past, now that I had him.

They were stumped stupid when I asked them if he had ever shown any interest in them or any other girl before. That stopped them, the look on their faces had been priceless. I told them that he had told me he never dated anyone before.

The sour look on their faces when I told them he had no interest in the many stupid girls trying to push their boobs in his face. I told them they were the ones that thought he was into girls, their fault for assuming.

Trying to save face, they pushed me and told me I didn't deserve him. He had shown up then and scared the living shit out of them. They have left me alone after that.

The senior year passed by so quickly before I knew it, finals were approaching. We applied for the same university, which was not too far away. Since he was the future alpha, he couldn't go too far in case he needed to get home quickly, I didn't mind. We went one town over and the university had what we both wanted.

I am studying literature and he is studying business.

We have our own apartment near the university. It's close enough for us to get to school but far enough away that we had our privacy. Especially from some of the other wolves that came with us.

Mainly, Clay is always trying to overstay his welcome. Honestly, I don't mind, but Asher doesn't want to share me.

After one of my classes, I decided to wait at a small cafe near the school waiting for Asher to finish his class. Suddenly, a dark shadow fell on me. I don't look up expecting it to be Asher or Clay.

"Finally, I've been waiting for you," I say, sounding annoyed. I'm not but Asher always pouts in that sexy way, when he is trying to be apologetic.

"Sit down already," I tell him when they still haven't sat down.

I feel the chair against my leg move but that was it. Normally when Asher sits down next to me, one of his hands always grips the inside of my thigh and squeezes a little.

Worriedly, I look up from my book thinking something is wrong and gasp.

Asher isn't sitting in front of me, it's someone else. Someone I haven't seen in several years.

"Max?" I'm in shock.

He smiles at me, his blue eyes sparkling as I say his name.

'Hey Nai,' he signs. 'You look good, how have you been?'

When we knew each other, he had learnt to sign a little, but like Asher, he had been a slow learner. It looks like he has continued to learn after he left.

My mouth opens and closes like a fish, my head can't wrap around who I am seeing.

'Are you at least going to say hi to your oldest friend?' he asks me with amusement in his eyes.

I quickly stand up and grab his arm. Before I am even aware of it I have pulled him into the tightest hug I can manage. He hugs me back just as hard. His laughter vibrates against my chest. I'm so happy at that moment, but unfortunately, that doesn't last very long.

I feel him the very moment he comes into the cafe. I feel the exact moment he sees me in the arms of another man. Then he is gone.

Quickly, I pull away and look towards the door. Both Asher and Clay are quickly walking away. Max grips my shoulder pulling my attention back to him.