Clay

When Nai calls me I'm instantly ready to help my alpha and luna. It doesn't take me long to find Asher pacing in the woods, I convince him to go home.

Nai's already there so I step outside to give them as much privacy as I can. Which thanks to wolf hearing isn't too much.

I wait on the small porch looking out into the dark streets. The silence isn't helping, I can hear everything they are saying.

As I'm waiting an interesting scent fills my nose. Closing my eyes I take a long deep breath. The scent is a mixture of lemon drizzle mixed with mint leaves.

I see a very handsome man walking up the street, he stops at the bottom of the pathway. I smell Nai on him, which I am not thrilled about but I figure it's best to get my alpha and luna.

I stand behind my alpha as Nai speaks to the man, whose name I have now learned is called Max.

Asher is close to exploding the more Max speaks so I grip his shoulders to hold him back. After all, Max is human and has no clue about what we are and what Nai is to Asher.

When he kisses Nai I can't decide if I'm pissed off because he's kissed my luna in front of his mate, my alpha or because he's kissed someone else.

I'm proud of Nai when he punches him and also a little angry at him for hurting Max.

When Max tries to leave I instantly offer to drive him home. Partly because I know my alpha needs to claim his mate right now and another because I want to get to know him a bit more.

Max seems reluctant at first but I don't really give him a choice. As I grab his arm and steer him towards my car, which is parked a little up the street.

During the drive, Max is silent, no matter how hard I try to get him to speak. Nothing works

'So your name is Max?' silence.

"I'm called Clay, I'm Asher's best friend' silence.

"How long have you known Nai?' silence.

"Are you studying here? What are you studying?

By the time we pull up to his house, I still know nothing about him. He gets out without a word only nodding his thanks. For the first time, I have no clue what to do, this has never happened to me before.

Instead, I watch him walk into his house. For a moment I consider getting out and knocking on his door but I decide against it. I sit there for a few minutes before starting the car.

I drive home and instantly crash onto my bed. I fall asleep dreaming about Max. His soft skin, his dark eyes and those full lips.

The next day, I wake up with a rather large problem. There is a small wet patch on my boxers. In the shower, It takes me a long time to calm it down. Every time my cock eases down, Max's eyes or skin or his round ass cheeks would perk it right back up.

I decide I can't wait any longer so without an invitation that night I go to Max.

Obviously, he's surprised to see me, but the minute he looks me in the eyes I know.

'Mate!'

A spark ignites in me and without thinking I step forward and crash my lips to his. He gasps, obviously in shock, and I use that moment to stick my tongue inside and taste him.

'Oh god!' I moan into his mouth, he tastes amazing. I grip his neck, stopping him from moving back until a screech stops me.

"Max!" We both turn to see a blonde woman standing in his house.