New Start - Part 1

The bars to my cell rattled as the door to the dungeons opened with a loud bang. I groggily sat up on my dirty excuse of a bed and watched as my two brothers manhandled a young boy into the cell near mine. They threw him onto the small mat on the floor and locked the cell door. They each glared at me as I looked back at them with indifference.

For the past ten years, I have lived in that small, dank cell, ever since my thirteenth birthday. I had shifted and presented as an omega male. My father had at least been kind enough to my mother not to kill me but he couldn't allow me to leave either. Apparently, no one could know he sired an omega male. His two other sons, my brothers, was an alpha and a beta, he wouldn't have the shame of people knowing I came from him.

At first, I cried and screamed to be released, begged even until my throat was sore. Father wouldn't allow it and at first, Mother wasn't allowed to see me. Instead, my brothers would come and give me food, or rather throw food at me, taunting me with their harsh and disgusting words. Sometimes they would eat my food in front of me before leaving, forcing me to starve. That stopped when Mother was allowed to bring me food.

The young man stirred a little, bringing me from my memories, as I laid back down. Many had come and gone from the other cell. In the beginning, I had attempted to talk with them, learn about the outside world. I never told them why I was there, some never asked anyway and the ones that did would eventually give up asking. Many had agreed to help me escape but none had actually done it. They would only promise that so I would tell them a secret that could help them. About how to pry open the gates of their cells.

"He...hello," a quiet voice spoke, I didn't turn around.

"Pl...ease, where am I?" he asked. He sounded so small and fragile just like I had been. Though he looked younger than I was when I first came down here. Turning over I gave him a glare.

"You are in a dungeon, now be quiet, I want to sleep," I growled, making him flinch. I did feel a little bad at that but I was too tired. My leg had been hurting from laying on this stupidly hard mat for too long. Sleep was always difficult, so I had to take it when I could and I had been almost there when they brought him in.

"I'm so...sor..sorry," he mumbled, making me feel like a jerk. Sighing, I turned over and sat up again.

"No, I'm sorry. What's your name? Mine is Daniel," I offered.

"Harry,'" he gave me a sad, small smile. "I want to go home," I could see and hear him start to cry.

I don't know why but for the first time in years I found myself wanting to help the young boy.

"Wait until dark and I will help you escape," I told him. His pale eyes lit up with what looked like a bit of hope, I wasn't sure if it would work but I had to at least try.

"Really?" he asked. I nodded and sighed.

"Do you know why they took you?"

He shook his head, fresh tears falling. Sighing again, I moved a little closer.

"Listen, I can't promise that this will work, but others have done it so it stands a good chance. Try and get some rest, it won't be dark for a while." He nodded and then moved to lay down on his equally disgusting mattress.

For some reason this little boy made me want to finally do something I should have done years before when I discovered the secret about the bars. The only thing that stopped me was my mother. I hope she understands.

Later that night, once I thought the coast was clear I stood and lifted my cell door. The weak hinges lifted and separated, I carefully put it back just in case I was found. Those two idiot brothers of mine could never figure out how the others escaped. I did the same for Harry's cell and then we sneaked up the cold, stone steps. The large house was silent, as we slowly made our way through. His small hand shook in mine and he jumped at every little sound. Once we were outside I raced to the tree line just in case anyone happened to be looking out of one of the windows.