Save Me - Part 1

"Useless piece of shit! Get your ass here now!"

I jumped as the booming voice of my father, the alpha, floated up the attic stairs. Not that it mattered but I quickly raced to him, though with my injured body it wasn't easy. No matter what I did or how fast I did it. It wouldn't stop him from getting madder than he already was, nothing I did was ever good enough.

His cold, topaz eyes glared at me as I lowered my head and stood before him. Without a word, he kicked me. His huge foot connected with my stomach and the force of it sent me flying backwards into the wall.

My head made contact with the solid surface with a loud bang. Stars danced behind my vision as I tried to stop myself from blacking out. My back erupted in pain as the lash marks from the previous night's punishment connected with the wall.

It wasn't like this before.

As a child, my father would often smile and laugh with me. He always found time to play with me if I wanted him to. Especially after my mother passed away. We became inseparable.

At the age of thirteen, my shift had taken my father by surprise in two ways. One, it had come on so suddenly neither of us had time to be prepared and two, I had shifted into a pure white male omega. Luckily, my father had been the only one to see me in my wolf form. Using a dark powerful voice, one I had never heard before, he instantly ordered me to shift back and tell no one.

Rumours spread around that the alpha's son was not a shifter, since I didn't join the other wolves of my age in their first shifts and runs. Father moved my room to the attic and I was ordered to never leave the house. Of course, at first, I rebelled and left, but I quickly discovered that that was a bad idea.

Everyone in the pack taunted or turned away from me in disgust. My friends were no longer my friends and people that had helped raise me sneered or spat at me. Then when my father would find me he would drag me to my new room and beat me. I learned quickly to follow his rules.

"Did you hear me! Get up and get back here," he shouted.

I stood up slowly, being careful not to show any signs of weakness, though my head was still spinning. I limped back over to him and again lowered my head in submission.

"I'm sorry fa....alpha," I caught myself before I called him father.

He was no longer my father. Even if he were to stop beating me and allowed me to be free, he would never again be my father.

"I said, tomorrow we will have visitors from another pack. They will be staying for a few weeks. Two of them will stay here, so make sure their rooms are perfect. The others will stay with other pack members. Once you have done that, find enough food for two weeks and stay in your room. If you run out of food that's tough. If they see, smell or hear you, then you will be in trouble," he growled.

I nodded and set off to do as I was told. Once the two bedrooms were as good as I could make them, I collected food that wouldn't spoil and locked myself in my room. These next two weeks could be seen as a blessing and as torture.

The next day I heard the visitors arrive, listened to my father greet them warmly and then cried into my pillow. I can't even remember the last time he spoke to me that nicely. I stared up at the ceiling and tried to picture my mother's smiling face. As well as her voice when she would sing me a lullaby. Her face and voice would come for only a second before a flair of pain would distract me, bringing me back to my harsh reality.

That night, once I was sure everyone was fast asleep, I snuck out. I would often do this so that I could go outside and feel the fresh air, though I knew to stay for only a few minutes.