Part 47

*Jungkook POV*

It was cute seeing Jimin get so excited about going away. It's something we both need. We both need the time away to completely switch off and recharge. I know Jimin worries I take too much on but I know my limits.

We were on a shopping trip for his suit for the charity ball we have coming up. He's been helping to prepare for the speech I have to make and said it's starting to sound really good and natural. I know he can feel my nerves and it seems crazy to think I still don't like doing speeches six years into this job but I don't think I'll ever get used to them.

"What about that one?" He asked and pointed out a navy suit

"It's last season. It's why it's a bit cheaper"

"This is ridiculous. Why can't I just get a cheap suit and if someone tries to pull me up on why I'm not wearing something designer, I'll just tell them I donated the money I would've spent on a suit to the charity?... which actually isn't a bad idea. I want to do that"

"Jimin you don't understand how some of the people that go to these things behave. They aren't nice"

"I don't care. I know you're just looking out for me, but why don't we both do it? Both of us get a cheaper suit and donate the rest of the money to charity? Let's make a stand, a protest" he laughed but I knew he was serious "it would make you look really good. It'll be good for business I'm sure. 'Multi billionaire takes a stand and donates suit money to charity' I can see the headline already" he laughed again even harder

"The headline? That's some dream land you're living in" I smiled and kissed him "but okay, let's do it. Let's rough it with our cheap suits"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really" I kissed him again. "Everyday you make me more proud to call you mine"

"You're cute"

~~

A week later and we were getting ready to go to the charity ball. Jimin was helping me straighten my tie and hair spraying stray strands of hair into place.

"You look so handsome. Do we have to go? Want you all to myself" he groaned and pulled our hips together

"As much as I would love to bail and just stay at home, yes we have to go. I want nothing more than to take you to bed right now though"

"How about... if you absolutely ace your speech, I'll let you do whatever you want to me when we get home"

"Anything I want?"

"Anything" he nodded and kissed me

"It's a deal"

On the drive there he kept his fingers locked with mine, I knew he was a little nervous as well since he doesn't really get involved with my work life. He tends to keep his distance from it all. I don't mind as I don't want to overwhelm him with it, but having him by my side just keeps me so calm and grounded.

"Thank you for coming with me tonight"

"It's no problem. Glad I could be with you" he smiled and kissed me

~~

*Jimin POV*

Watching Jungkook do his speech filled me with so much pride. For the past 2 weeks he has been saying it over and over trying to make sure he knew it properly and wouldn't stutter over his words. I knew he would be amazing but he has been doubting himself.

I didn't let my gaze leave him as he walked up on stage, shook some hands and stood at the podium. His eyes fell onto me and I saw him sigh softly. I blew a mini air kiss to him and smiled.