Part 8

The next time I saw Jungkook was a week later. It's officially the longest he's ever gone without coming into the cafe. I appreciated it though, gave me time to think.

Through the week I had been mentally battling with myself over my morals on the situation. Occasionally battling it out with Hoseok about what I should do, but every time he gave me the same answer of 'do it', which didn't help all that much.

I spent more time than I want to admit lying in bed staring at the ceiling. More time than I want to admit trying to scour the internet for information on Jungkook and why he is so rich. And more time than I want to admit imagining what I could do with the money.

I also hated admitting to myself that I was starting to lean more on the side that I want to do it, as like I said, I'm in a battle with my morals.

I know what I should do, but I also know what I want to do. A classic head or heart situation.

When Jungkook did finally walk into the cafe again I could see how sorry he really was. He had his hands in his pockets and shirt sleeves rolled up. He seemed hunched up and small, not his usual ego filled stance. This time he had no tie and instead had the buttons open showing the white T-shirt he had on underneath.

He told the girl on counter what he wanted and she nodded and took the money. He darted his gaze over to me and quickly looked away. I took a little extra time making his coffee, giving myself a minute to think how I want to go about the conversation. I also made sure to make it strong for him, just so he knows I'm not completely mad at him still. When I gave him his drink he thanked me and went to walk away.

"Wait..." I said quietly

"Yeah?"

"Uh... I want to talk with you"

"Yeah? Okay! Sure, just tell me when and where" he said immediately and got his phone out to look when he is free

"I don't really know any nice places so you can decide where but I want it to be tonight. Take me for a meal, you're paying as part of your making it up to me" I said quietly. He looked at me and smiled with a nod as if he was saying 'of course'.

"Anything you want. I'll call around and get us a reservation. I know where I want but it depends if they're booked up. What time do you finish here?"

"5"

"Okay. I'll come back before then and tell you where"

"Okay" I nodded and went back to my job "see you later"

He smiled and bit his lip as he pushed his hair back. I could see he knew it wasn't all bad news I had for him. He walked out with a skip in his walk and I knew I just eased near on all his worries about what happened. I felt my heart flutter with nerves and excitement for what might be happening after today but I knew I had to do it. For my stress of money, my mental wellbeing and for my future. Whether that includes a partner and kids or not I don't know, but I know that it will help in any situation and lifestyle I want in the future.

"Jungkook taking you on a date?" My colleague smiled and wiggled his eyebrows

"Uhm... in some sense I guess but it's not a real date"

"I wish the beautiful couple all the luck in the future" he joked and messed my hair up

"Shut up" I blushed and took the next order

3 hours later Jungkook came back with a slightly happier presence. I was on a break so he hadn't noticed me yet. I was sat in my favourite spot in the back corner with my headphones and a book. He ordered a coffee and looked behind the counter for me. He seemed to physically deflate when he saw I wasn't behind the counter.

"Where's Jimin?" He asked my colleague. He sounded stressed and a little worried that I might've gone home and we couldn't have our meeting tonight. My colleague just laughed and pointed to me. I smiled and waved and Jungkook walked over to me.

"Hi. How long do you have left on your break?"

"I've had a long shift today so I still have 25 minutes. When I do longer shifts I have 40 minute breaks" I smiled and moved over so he could sit with me.

"You haven't eaten..." he said after scanning the empty table

"Yeah... I used my meal allowance on breakfast today. Been here since 6am which hurts to think about. Pay day is tomorrow" I admitted and looked away from him

"I'll get you something" he smiled and walked away before I could fight him on it.

When he came back he handed me a bowl of the cafes special pasta salad. It's a popular favourite and I'm honestly not surprised. He also handed me a bottle of orange juice 'for the vitamin c' he said as he placed it in front of me.

"Thank you..." I smiled and watched him sit opposite me

"So, I've made a reservation for 7pm tonight" he said and handed me the business card of the restaurant so I could get there "I would offer to pick you and drive you there but I have a meeting until 6:45 and I'll be going straight there. So if I'm a few minutes late, don't panic. I will be there. I promise"

"Okay" I nodded and started eating the pasta.

"When you get there tell the girl on reception that you are waiting for someone. Don't tell her it's me you're waiting for or they start acting all weird and over the top. There are some sofas you can sit on so make yourself comfortable"

"You make it sound like you own the place" I laughed but he just shrugged and said 'kind of'. I gave him a weird look and went straight back to eating my food.

"Dress smart by the way. It's a pretty high class place"

"Sure" I nodded "you can stay with me until my break is over if you want" I saw he was starting to get himself ready to leave again

"I'd love to"

"Let's just not talk about... any of this. We'll save it for later, let's just talk like we used to"

"Okay... I've missed that"

"Me too"

And hour later he stood up to leave and took the rest of his coffee with him. He kissed my forehead and told me he will see me in 4 hours. I nodded and couldn't quite say anything from the shock of him kissing my forehead. He laughed and walked out the cafe, waving goodbye as he did.

I have an offer for Jungkook as well.