Part 5

"What do you mean it's another week until payday?!" I asked my colleague with complete devastation

"It's a 5 week month. We get paid next Friday, not this Friday"

"You have to be kidding me. What the fuck? Fuck fuck fuck"

"I know. It's a bigger pay, just takes a while to get it"

"Oh my god"

I've had better starts to my shifts. This has to be in the top 5 for the worst though. It was quite a busy day, so it meant most of the time my mind was taken off the fact I had only £10 to last me the rest of the month.

I gratefully accepted all tips I got today, didn't make people feel like they didn't need to leave one, just every time I saw a little money fall into the pot, I felt a little less stressed.

When Jungkook walked in he had his usual outfit on, with my favourite tie and Rolex (I know, don't judge me). I would guess he has 4 maybe 5 that he alternates between. Since he stayed at mine a few days ago he had been extra sweet with me, he's making less snide remarks about dating me and instead gives me genuine compliments.

"Good morning" I smiled, trying to put on a genuine happy face

"Good morning pretty" he smiled

"Usual?"

"Please... get yourself one as well"

"Thank you" I whispered as I knew if I spoke out loud I would cry. I nodded and put a simple americano through since after getting to know Jungkook properly, I feel a little bad choosing the most expensive. He's a nice person and I shouldn't take advantage of it. I knew he could tell something was up with me though as normally he goes straight into conversation with me but today I could just feel his gaze on me.

"What's happened?" He asked and held my hand

"Nothing... Nothing I'm just being silly" I replied and wiped the solo tear that slipped down my cheek.

"Talk to me Jimin. What's happened? Is it that guy? Because I'll kill him" he smiled

"No..."

"Has Hoseok eaten your favourite snack again? Because I'll kill him as well" He joked which made me giggle a little

"No"

"Money?" He asked and sighed when I nodded. He squeezed my hand before running round to the back of the counter and hugging me properly. He held his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. "It'll be okay"

"It never seems to end. I get paid and straight away I have to pay most of it out for bills and food. There's never enough for me to actually enjoy myself. I'm sick of it, when does it get easier? I'm always going to have bills to pay and food to buy. I don't understand when this ends"

"It'll be okay" he said again and held me even tighter "you'll find a way through it. You always find a way through things. You're one of the strongest people I know Jimin"

Over the next few days I didn't see much of Jungkook, he said he would see me the day after but he never came in for his coffee. I did find myself missing his presence but he apparently came in before I started my shift one day and said to my colleague to let me know he had to go on an emergency work thing. He also left some money behind the counter and told my colleague to make sure I buy my lunch for the next few days with it. I felt bad taking his money but I was in no position to be turning down favours. It's only 3 more days until pay day so I can pay him back then.

As I was getting back to my apartment I saw the guy who ended things with me. He was waiting outside my apartment door with a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine.