Part 26

"If I had never come to your office... would we ever have fixed things? Would you have ever reached out to me again?" I asked him a little cautiously

We were sat in my apartment in the shared kitchen of Hoseok and myself. We were sat at the table but cuddled up to each other and leaving sweet kisses wherever we could reach.

"Of course I would have. I was just trying to figure out how to do it. Every situation I thought of would result in you getting angry at me or refusing to talk to me"

"To be fair, I probably wouldn't have wanted to talk to you. I probably would have ignored you. If Namjoon had never spoken to me and made me understand completely why you did it... I would probably still kind of despise you"

"Despise? Ouch that's a harsh word" he laughed

"Well, not despise. That's a bit dramatic. I've just never felt that level of heartbreak before"

"Do you still have any pent up anger left?" He asked and stroked through my hair. When I didn't answer straight away he realised that I do. He sighed, nodded and held my hand "tell me why you're still angry"

"Uhm... I guess I'm still upset a little about it all, not angry"

"Why?" He asked and looked at me with the most guilt filled gaze I've ever seen. He squeezed my hand and kissed my knuckles

"Just because I thou-"

I was interrupted by Hoseok and Yoongi walking into the kitchen. Jungkook sighed and discreetly rolled his eyes, but I knew it was just out of frustration of wanting to know why I'm still a little upset.

"Hey" I said to them with a smile "where've you been?"

"For food. Yoongi was getting himself into a spiral with uni work so I pulled him away"

When Jungkook heard it was Yoongi that was here he quickly stood up and looked at him. I watched him with a smirk as he straightened his clothes and greeted Yoongi properly. They shook hands and introduced themselves to each other. I could see Yoongi really taking in Jungkook's appearance after how much Hoseok and myself have gone on about him. I was glad Jungkook was only wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants, it makes him so much more relatable, it's easier to forget that he is a multi-billionaire. I caught Yoongi's gaze as Jungkook walked back to me and his eyes widened and he mouthed a dramatic 'wow'. I giggled and held Jungkook's hand as he sat next to me, he looked at me strange but I just shook my head and kissed his knuckles.

"It's good to finally meet you Jungkook" Yoongi said as he sat down with a coffee "it's nice to have a face to put to your name since Jimin doesn't stop banging on about you. Everyday he mentions you at least 3 times"

"Hey!" I argued but Jungkook gave me the softest smile and squeezed my hand

"My friends actually said nearly the exact same thing to Jimin. At least I know I'm not alone" he smiled at Yoongi which made Yoongi wiggle his eye brows at me.

I let them get accustomed to each other for a good while. Yoongi was asking very personal questions to Jungkook which panicked me a little, but Jungkook didn't seem phased by them and would answer them honestly. It made me realise that I shouldn't be so worried about being nosey or worried I will ask something I shouldn't. We're a pair now and I want to know the ins and outs of his crazy world.

I found myself completely in awe with the way Jungkook was trying to make a good impression on my friends, since this is the first official time they've spent time together. He's met Hoseok before but it wasn't a good representation of either of them, Jungkook was half asleep and Hoseok was bursting with excitement that we had sorted things out. I stayed out of most of the conversation on purpose, only saying something when it would be directed at me. I loved watching how easily they got on with each other. It seemed natural and like they had been doing it for years.

I was happy watching them get along with each other until I got bored. I grabbed Kook's hand and put it on my thigh and forced him to stroke his hand up and down it. He looked at me and smiled and as if he could read my thoughts he nodded and pulled me away.

"I have an early meeting tomorrow so I'm going to have to go sleep, but it was lovely meeting you both properly" Jungkook smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist "what do you want to do? You can stay if you want, you don't have to come to bed"

"I'm tired" I assured him and waved goodbye to Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Did I read that hint completely wrong?" Jungkook asked when we got to my room

"No" I smiled and kissed him gently "you didn't read it wrong at all. I was bored and tired and I want your attention"

"Good" he said in a whisper and pulled us both under the covers. I got settled on his chest with a leg over his hips "they seem nice"

"They are. I know they'll be talking about you right now"

"Will it be good or bad things?"

"Good. I can tell by how much interest they took in you that they think you're good for me"

"Do you think I'm good for you?"

"Yeah. I think you're going to give me the love and care I've been chasing and not getting"

"I'm going to make you feel drunk with the amount of love and care you're going to get"

I half smiled and tucked his hair behind his ear, he sighed in content and let me carry on admiring him for a few more minutes.

"Can we finish the conversation we were having?" He whispered and held my hand "I can't stop thinking about it. I want to know why you're still angry and how I can make it right"

"I guess it's not so much anger, but just a bit of paranoia. I thought I meant more to you than just one night. I did think that you didn't actually like me and that it was just sex you were after. It really destroyed all the trust I had built in you and I still sort of have a bit of paranoia that you are only after sex. I know you've told me that you do have feelings, but there is something in the back of my mind telling me to not trust you 100% yet and I don't know how to change it. After the first night we spent together and you brought me back home, I cried to Hoseok. I fell for you so hard that night that it took me by surprise and honestly I was scared. Then seeing you be so cold to me in the cafe I had all these feelings for you and you were just ignoring me. It hurt... a lot"

"Okay" he nodded and pulled me in for a tight hug. He rested his chin on top of my head and didn't let me go "I'm going to make it better. I'm going to show you how much you mean to me. I'm going to do everything in my power to build your trust. I'm not after just sex. I'm after you and you only" he smiled

"You don't need to do anything. I know over time I'll be okay, it's just because it's pretty fresh. It's the same how you probably have a slight paranoia that I'm only after your money... it works both ways. Down to the depths of my heart I know your true intentions and I know that you know mine"

"I do" he smiled and kissed my forehead "how come you never told me you had these thoughts?"

"Didn't want to worry you. I knew overtime they would go away so I didn't see a point"

"Please always tell me if I do anything wrong or hurt you in some way"

"I will. But I don't want you to worry about this either. I do trust you, there's just a tiny part of me that is holding back out of fear that I'm going to be hurt again"

He nodded with understanding and kissed me softly. It felt like he was almost trying to show his affection and admiration for me through this kiss.