Chapter - 1

Irked - the apt word to describe Anaisha's state right now. No...no, not because of Tanmay who out of nowhere proposed her today, but because of herself for not being able to manage cooking and her inner turmoil.

Well, cooking and Anaisha were like similar poles of magnet...always repelling each other.

Ya...she knew how to make maggi noodles and a basic sandwich, but to her bad luck, ingredients required for both of them were not available at the moment and she was getting late.

Moreover, she had given an early off to the whole staff!

Frustrated, she decided to satiate her rumbling stomach on her way to Delhi. While selecting a befitting outfit from her closet, she began reminiscing events of the day.

That call of Zaisha, her friend from her undergraduate days, to inform her about the sudden plan of ALUMNI MEET at their college and then that call of Tanmay, her classmate who she was not in contact with from a very long time, asking her to meet at a famous cafe of Gurgaon, city she was currently posted at.

Then him proposing her, her rejecting him politely stating her reluctance to be in a relationship because of her job related pressure and him understanding her point of view maturely...

However, in her heart of hearts, she knew this was not the accurate reason because of which she rejected him and she was angry at herself for that.

Not wanting to tread in the lanes of those forbidden memories, she concentrated on choosing a traditional outfit. Yes...that was the theme of the meet.

The announcement of this sudden ALUMNI MEET, however, did not settle well with her. She never attended all those meets organized earlier to avoid meeting a certain someone. But, this time the college authorities had urged that everyone should be present and she would have to go.

Nevertheless, she started freshening up. Changing into a navy blue anarkali, she stood in front of the mirror.

'This is one of the colors He liked to see me in!'

Forcing herself to come out of such unnecessary thoughts, she began combing her hair. Setting them in a side fishtail braid - all thanks to her dadimaa for forcefully teaching her this one hairstyle so that she could do that forthwith in case of emergencies - she wore her earrings and wrist-watch.

Thinking about her dadimaa, she suddenly remembered that it had been three long months since she had last visited her hometown. A homesick like her staying away from her home for three months was a very big deal! She decided to think about it soon.

Well, yes..in case you did not guess till now, besides cooking, Anaisha was also a novice in the fields of makeup and hairstyling and to be honest, she had no plans of changing this anytime soon.

Applying a little kohl and lip balm, she was all ready to go.

Sitting in her Mercedes, she started for her almost one hour journey to Delhi.

En route she stopped at a dhaba and quickly completed her fare. A Punjabi like her would always prefer dhabas over any five star restaurants!

While driving, His thoughts again started invading her mind. She had learnt to live with her feelings accepting the fact that maybe they both were not meant to be, but meeting him and behaving like nothing had happened was one hell of a task.

Giving herself some self-motivation lectures, she kept going towards her destination determined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY

1. anarkali: a dress consisting of a long frock style top and slim fitted pants

2. dhaba: roadside food stall or small restaurant