Chapter - 9

Author's Note: I had made a few minor changes in Chapter-2 and Chapter-3 some days ago...like the colour of their eyes, Idhant's outfit for the ALUMNI MEET. Check out these both chapters before continuing. It's fine if you don't want to because I don't think it will affect your experience that much. Now, you can proceed further. Happy reading!

This chapter is not edited.

It was nearly midnight and Idhant was lazily spread on his bed. Sleep was far away from his eyes. He was unceasingly thinking of that one person who had occupied his mind lately, not that he did not think of her earlier, but since the day of ALUMNI MEET when he saw her after so many years, it was as if she was the only one he could think of.

He used to be the moon while she was his sun.

People prefer to go out when moon comes up in the sky. The number of admirers moon has got are uncountable. Idhant was just like that. He was an extrovert with so many friends. Anaisha, on the other hand, was blazing ball of fire like sun. Not many prefer to go out when sun is there up in the sky. Anaisha was the same - an introvert with a few friends, but just like the presence of sun is necessary for us humans and cannot be ignored, Anaisha carried the same aura - silent yet too fierce to be ignored.

We all know moon shines because of the sun. Had it not been for the light of the sun falling on the surface of the moon, moon would have lost its charm. Kindred was the case with Idhant. The number of friends he had did not matter when it came to Anaisha. She was the one who he treasured the most. He used to be just himself with her. He knew that she would never judge her.

When she had disappeared from his life, he was devastated to say the least. People always talk about the pain a heartbreak brings; but what about the pain which envelops you when your best friend leaves you? It is lethal...noxious...nocuous!

'Anaisha, you know when you left me, I lost a part of myself with you. And the worst part of losing you was I couldn't come and share my pain with you for you yourself were the cause of it.'

His gaze randomly fell on the clock. Noticing it was 1:15 am, he decided it was best if he slept now if he didn't want to miss his flight to his hometown which was scheduled at 5:00 am.

*********************

As much as she wanted to, Anaisha could not fight the sun. She could only watch helplessly as it dragged her into the day she had been dreading since the time she met Neerav and Disha in Dine Fine restaurant.

Families of Disha and Neerav were going to meet tomorrow at Anaisha's home in her hometown. She desperately wanted both the families to agree. Just thinking what would happen in case she failed to convince both families gave her chills. She had seen how genuine and pure their love was and she did not want them getting hurt.

The inauguration ceremony had gone fairly good, thanks to her grandpa's timely phone call.

Currently, she was packing her clothes. Lazily, she strolled towards her walk in closet. From the section comprising her midi dresses, she randomly picked up three and pottered back into the bedroom where on the bed her suitcase was perched. 

Now, packing was something that she absolutely loathed. Begrudgingly, she began putting her dresses into the bag. After seven minutes or so, she had accomplished the mission of dumping her clothes in that damned suitcase. But, the real challenge was closing the zip of the suitcase. Because of the way she had thrown her clothes in it, she knew closing the zip would be a onerous task.

First attempt, no result....after five failed attempts, she herself sat on the suitcase and with utmost dedication, she closed the zip. Feeling accomplished, she was about to stand up when she experienced a jerk backward causing her to fall back on the suitcase clumsily such that the upper part of her body above her stomach got sprawled on the bed while her legs were fixed on the suitcase.