Chapter -18

Before we begin the chapter, here's a little recap for you all. Many of you would be out of touch with the story, so to avoid any confusions..

Amritesh Arora - Anaisha's grandfather
Veena Arora - Anaisha's grandmother
Abhay Arora - Anaisha's father
Ritu Arora -  Anaisha's mother
Reyansh Arora - Anaisha's brother

Uma Ahuja - Idhant's grandmother
Girish Ahuja - Idhant's father
Divya Ahuja - Idhant's mother
Disha - Idhant's sister

Neerav Dhingra - Anaisha's cousin (son of her paternal aunt)
Sarita Dhingra - Neerav's grandmother
Nikhil Dhingra - Neerav's father
Kavita Dhingra - Neerav's mother (Anaisha's paternal aunt)

This chapter is not edited.

"No papa, I won't talk to you!", four year old Anaisha grumbled, her arms crossed on her chest, lips pouted and cute cheeks inflated a little out of annoyance.

"But Aishu..love, at least tell me what happened.", Abhay cooed at his princess.

"Naah, I'm so so so infu-infuriated at you. Don't want to talk..go way.", Anaisha stuttered a little while pronouncing the new word she had learned a day ago only and waved her hand in the air as dismissal turning her face to the other side.

Abhay looked at his wife who was trying to suppress the smile that was threatening to break on her face. His eyes narrowed in slits," Miss ma'am, are you deriving fun from this little fight between your husband and daughter?"

At this, Ritu straightened her spine and smiled sheepishly at her husband.

Abhay sighed sharply. He could not bear the silence and ignorance of his daughter. He should know at least what mistake he did for his Aishu to take this huge decision of not talking to him, dammit!

"Ritu, speak up.", He demanded stubbornly.

"No mamma, you won't!", Anaisha perked up and stomped her foot on the ground petulantly.

Ritu gulped. She did not know what to do. If she did not tell, she knew her husband would be on his toes and crestfallen for the rest of the day. And if she disclosed, her daughter would get angry. 

Pursing her lips, she announced," I am going to kitchen to drink some water.", and with her eyes, asked his husband to look into his phone.

Abhay got the signal and within a few seconds of his wife's departure, his phone pinged.

'Before leaving for work today, you forgot to give her a goodbye kiss. She was so sad..didn't even have food properly. Ugh, I'm jealous..she loves you so much! :('

Abhay didn't know whether to be happy at the fact that his little gestures mean this much to his daughter or be sad that his daughter didn't even have food properly because of his forgetfulness.

Taking a deep breath, he composed himself and approached his Aishu who was sulking at one corner of the living room till now.

Crouching down to her level, he whispered," Your dadda is so so bad, right? God gave him the best daughter in the whole world and he forgets to give her the compulsory goodbye kiss. Dadda is very stupid!"

"NO! Don't say anything bad about my dadda. He is the best and I love him!", Anaisha exclaimed and her little hands covered her father's mouth to stop him.

Abhay removed her little hand from his lips and kissed the inside of it," You dadda loves you too, beta. Please don't be angry at him..he can't go without talking to you."