Chapter - 15

A/N: How are you all doing? Well, it's been a long time really. A few significant things happened in between. Those who follow me and have read the announcement I posted day before yesterday would know what I'm talking about. One of those things is..I don't know about other authors and writers out there, but for me, there has always been something - a particular emotion or person- that has motivated my writing, whether it were those incoherent scribblings at the back of my notebooks, diaries, rough papers or this story. This story was inspired by a particular emotion of mine that I had invested in a person. But well, emotions are never stable and while I had maintained this particular emotion inside me for a really long time, it changed. Tbh, it felt liberating! But well, this had an effect on my vision for this story. Most of the the things that I write, which affect the plot, are spontaneous. When I began writing this story, I just had a clear outlook for the beginning and the end.

At that time, I was certain that it's going to have a happy ending only, but oh well, now am I having ideas! 

Don't worry, I've not reached any definite conclusion yet. However, as a reader, I'm sure you will have certain expectations from this story and since I don't want to disappoint you all, tell me your views on this through inline comments here ------>

I don't know how much of my blabbering you were able to understand or if you understood anything at all. But I hope I was at least able to give you an idea of my thoughts and really sorry for this long A/N.😅 Happy reading!

This chapter is not edited.

Anyone who knew Anaisha Arora would swear on the oxygen they are breathing that she loved early mornings and that she was one of the most sorted persons they had ever come across. It was such a pity that there were high chances they were going to face a severe lack of oxygen in the coming future.

She passionately disliked early mornings. Add late nights to the list of things she did not like too. Now, she knew she was going to face a lot of criticism if she ever admitted this in front of a person associated with literature. Most of the times, those literature nerds loved these two parts of the day. Something about the beautiful tranquility and solitude these slots of time offered.

But that was the thing. She hated quietness. She hated silence. She hated being alone. Because she knew it was transitory..it was transient! A short amount of time when there would be peace and satiation and then it would all be gone. Once again, it would all be in disarray.

People say enjoy that moment of peace while it lasts. But how could she when at the back of her mind, she is always anticipating things to go downhill and preparing herself to remain alert and careful? Because she knows a storm would come and completely destroy this fleeting moment of peace and all that will be left will be shattered hopes and pain. Until this cycle would start all over again - momentary peace and then chaos.

What is even more frightening is that ephemeral peace is addictive and intoxicating. It swallows your soul wholly for the short amount of time it lasts and then leaves you bare, weak and unarmed when it goes away. You are left on your own to face the madness and turmoil that follows it. That was why she never allowed herself to enjoy it, because she was afraid she would get addicted to it and knowing the mess both she and her life were, this addiction, she was aware, would prove disastrous.

And about the solitude those periods of time offer, she hates solitude too. Philosophers would come and preach her that loneliness haunts but solitude is beautiful, you just have to be optimistic enough. Oh well, surprise! She was not optimistic enough then. Her approach to life was more on the pessimistic side and she was aware of that. People who were close to her had many a time called her out on it, but it wasn't her mistake that she refused to believe in this pleasing mirage called hope. It was beautiful and pleasing, yes; but at the end of the day it was an illusion, after all. And Anaisha preferred harsh reality over false hopes.