Chapter - 7

Anaisha was currently sitting in the living room and listening to news.

She, Neerav and Disha had once again met the next day. They had told her that they had informed their family members to assemble next week. Since Anaisha was busy next week because of the visit of the Education Minister of the state, they had postponed that meet to the week after next.

Disha had gone back to Chandigarh and Neerav to his hometown.

It was 7:15 pm and the sky was transitioning its shade from sky blue to midnight blue. An eerie silence filled the air. Maybe it was nature's way of forewarning her of an impending danger!

Hardly five minutes later, the change in the headlines of the news channel gave Anaisha a severe shock. Extreme terror filled her insides. She didn't know what to do. Only these words which were being blared by the news channel were nonstop revolving in her mind:

"The famous cardiologist and owner of SilverLine chain of hospitals, Dr Idhant Ahuja, and the well-known neurologist working in the Delhi branch of SilverLine hospitals, Dr Saransh Mittal, were accused of medical negligence by the renowned politician, Mr Vedant Gupta. Our sources asserted that Mrs Vedant Gupta died at Delhi branch of the SilverLine hospitals due to a rare neurological condition. We got to know that Dr Ahuja and Dr Mittal were cornered by hooligans hired by Mr Gupta. While it has been confirmed that Dr Mittal, who was handling the case of Mrs Gupta, has been beaten so badly that if the hospital security had been late by a minute he might have died of excessive bleeding, there is no information regarding Dr Ahuja.
                      We all know that SilverLine hospitals are one of the most trusted ones in India. Will any effect be seen in its reputation after this incidence? How will people respond to it? What is the current health status of Dr Ahuja? Is he critical like Dr Mittal? To know answers to all these questions, stay tuned."

'Oh God! I hope Idhant is okay!'

She prayed to all Gods she knew at that instant for his well-being. She just wanted to know if he was fine. With trembling hands, she picked up her phone and dialed Disha's number. She answered the call on the first ring itself.

"Disha, Idh-Idhant is fine, right?", her voice was wavering because of the fear that was consuming her each second.

"I-I ha have no clue. Can you please come and pick me up from airport?" Anaisha could easily judge from the way Disha was speaking that she had been crying continuously.

Deciding to be confident for Disha's sake, Anaisha tried her best to put all her anxiety aside and spoke firmly," Don't worry! Everything will be fine. I'll reach there as soon as possible."

She immediately picked up her car keys and started her journey to the airport.

When she reached there, Disha's flight had already landed and she was standing there waiting for her with tears running down her face.

As soon as Disha saw her, she hugged her tightly as if she was trying to find some solace in her and Anaisha once again decided to be strong for her.

"Shh..don't cry Disha. Nothing will happen to him."

Her soothing words provided Disha the badly required warmth and strength and after sometime, they began their journey to the hospital.

They entered from the backside to avoid gaining attention from the media.

Idhant was no doubt influential. However, police present there was seeming to be of no help because Vedant too was quite influential.

Quickly, getting out of the car, they entered the building. At that time, nobody was being allowed to enter. But of course who would have the guts to stop the sister of the MD or the Deputy Commissioner of Gurgaon?