Chapter - 17

A/N: Flood me with loads of comments..pretty please? They really inspire me to finish next chapter quickly..u see, the number of comments is directly proportional to the speed with which next update is posted. I'll be waiting ;)

This chapter is not edited.

Seven in the evening and currently, Neerav, along with Idhant and Reyansh, was decorating the open terrace of his home in Amritsar. They had opted for a small square shaped portion of the terrace supported by wooden beams at its four corners Fairy lights were hung forming a temporary ceiling and three side walls leaving the entrance open. The whitish golden hue of the fairy lights against the dark backdrop of the almost night sky looked entrancing. In that transient cabin, they had placed mattresses on the floor and at the corners, different photo frames had been kept, placed in such a sequence as narrated the story of their heartwarming love. In the centre, a table had been placed containing all the favourite dishes of Disha.

Neerav was over the top. He was only two months away from marrying the love of his life and being a die-hard romantic at heart, he was certain that he was going to give Disha a memorable proposal that they would cherish all their lives.

In this respect, he had approached Anaisha, Reyansh and Idhant in the afternoon making sure Disha was not anywhere in the earshot. After he had disclosed his plans, they all had readily agreed to help him out. Anaisha had taken Disha out to a salon in the pretext of desperate need of some girls only time and Disha was only happy to spend some time catching up with Anaisha.

After they had gone, Neerav, Idhant and Reyansh had started their work on terrace and they were quite proud of the picturesque outcome.

"Neerav bhai, now you go and get ready. Everything is perfect here. And Di had called to inform Disha bhabhi is almost ready and that they will be home in about half an hour now.", Reyansh told his cousin.

"Didn't Disha bug Anaisha with her continuous train of questions when Anaisha asked her to get ready in that specific dress only?", Idhant posed.

"Oh, she did. A lot! Di was grumbling on the phone that she was so going to eat Neerav bhai's head off if he didn't sponsor her shopping for the next two months in return of this favour.", Reyansh answered and all of them chuckled.

"Okay okay..I'll be going now. Our families?", Neerav spoke up.

"Naah, they are firm in their decision of making this your night and giving you both privacy, hence we all are having a movie night of our own.", Reyansh smiled and answered. Neerav had insisted the families to be present when he proposed her but the three families had vehemently denied stating that it was a special occasion for the couple and anyway, they were going to host an engagement ceremony later.

"Privacy is alright, but remember mister, that's my sister, so...", Idhant left his words hanging with a threatening look in his eyes making Neerav gulp.

"I-I know..now byee, I have to get ready.", Neerav quickly made a beeline for his room downstairs leaving the other two laughing their asses off.

In his room, he took out his clothes for the night and went to take a shower. The slightly warm water soothed his nerves and relaxed him. Alright, he was a little nervous and it was justifiable. he wanted everything to go perfect, without any flaw. And God knows, Disha deserved it, especially after all the shit she has gone through in her past. She was a gem of a person and he wanted to do everything that would make her happy.

He did not know when and how, but soon he had drifted off to the happy memories of the last two years of his relationship.

"Ouch!", while roaming in the streets of Brampton during light snowfall in the month of February and immersed in his phone replying to an important mail, Neerav didn't know when he collided with another person. The things in the hands of both went flying; he and the person he had bumped into both staggered a few steps before balancing themselves on their feet once again.