Chapter - 14

A/N: I know I make you all wait for so long and I'm really sorry for that. The next chapter is finally here, so blast me with notifications by blessing me with loads of inline comments and make me super happy. ;) 

This chapter is not edited.

Idhant and Anaisha re-entered the living room where all the adults were sitting and talking to each other quite jovially.

They both heard Amritesh impishly commenting," Neerav beta ji, bid a goodbye to your days of freedom now! And mind you, these are the words of a heavily experienced person."

Veena faked offence and retorted," Don't you think this heavily experienced person should think twice before blurting out anything? ...because I'm personally gonna sure he regrets saying these words!"

Everyone howled with laughter seeing the oldest couple present in the room pulling each other's leg. 

"You are taking me wrong, Veena. You are the best!," Amritesh spoke sincerely. Anaisha could see a faint blush covering her grandma's cheeks.

"And, I was just advising this young fellow here. Everyone has the right to express their opinions freely.", He added, hints of frolicsomeness clearly evident in his tone.

Before Veena could counter her husband's statement with a fitting reply, Neerav remarked," Aree my dear nana ji, a minute ago you were telling me to bid a goodbye to my days of freedom and now, you are asserting your right to express your opinions freely. The level of hypocrisy!," and intentionally shook his head as if he was mocking his grandfather.

Everyone's laughter intensified after hearing this. However, all Anaisha could focus was on the person standing beside her...his laugh which was as fresh as the morning dew on leaves, as soothing as the first shower of rain quenching the thirst of arid earth after a long drought, as beautiful as that lotus that does not let the mud surrounding it deter its beauty. She could go on and on describing how ethereal he and his laugh were.

She mentally kicked herself for behaving like a lovesick fool. She blamed his proximity and his laugh for interfering with the normal functioning of her brain. She exhaled sharply willing herself to break out of the trance she was captured in. 

Just then, Disha spotted her brother and Anaisha standing at the entrance of the living room. Her eyes met Anaisha's and only when Anaisha passed her a reassuring smile, did she dare meet her brother's eyes.

Idhant saw her sister trying to guess what he was thinking by analysing his body language. To ease off her tension, he tossed a smile her way, moved ahead and occupied the seat between Neerav and her on which Anaisha was seated before they went to talk on the terrace.

To say Neerav was nervous would be an understatement. He was really wary of Idhant's take on this revelation and his previous reaction was not helping either. Moreover, the fact that he could relate and understand his worries was not letting him diss him. Although cousin he too had a sister and he loved her more than his life.

Except Anaisha, nobody really noticed the waves of tension that the trio sitting together was emanating.

Just when Neerav was about to resort to his habit of biting nails and simultaneously tapping his foot in such nerve-wracking situations (the half of which - biting nails - Disha too had acquired from him), Idhant patted his and his girlfriend's knee and whispered," I want to talk to both of you. Come and meet me on the terrace."

Idhant stood up and went up to the terrace. The duo left behind shared a glance with Anaisha who was now seated beside Sarita and then, followed him.