Chapter - 8

This chapter is not edited.

'Don't fear anything and just believe in the power of truth when you know you have done nothing wrong!'
                                                                             -Idhant

"No Bhavin! Think something else. We need such solution as will prove Dr Mittal innocent as well as will preserve the trust of public on us."

Idhant, Disha and Bhavin were sitting in Idhant's cabin. Discussion regarding how to overcome this predicament was going on. They all were in a quandary. Coming up with a solution was not as easy as it seemed.

"Bhai, why don't we file a plaint and go to court?"

"Disha, we can do that but before that we need to do something. It is not news to us that legal proceedings take some time. Till then, we can't remain silent."

"Then why don't we issue the papers on which Vedant had signed that he wouldn't blame hospital authorities in case something happened to his wife for the public to see?"

"Bhavin, that won't help in proving that it was not a case of medical negligence. Vedant can still reason that the death happened because of dereliction of duty by Dr Mittal."

After almost an hour of brainstorming, a triumphant smile formed on Idhant's face. Seeing him smiling like that, Disha and Bhavin were relieved and curious at the same time. Idhant wasted no time in calling his PA and the PR manager to his cabin.

"Riya, I need all the medical records of Mrs Vedant Gupta and all the recordings of Dr Mittal's cabin whenever he is discussing with Mr Gupta regarding his wife's condition."

"Right away, sir!"

True to her words, all the required things were on his table in no time.

Addressing the PR manager, he pointed at two particular recordings," I want you to release these two recordings on all our social media platforms ."

"But sir, he might sue us for breach of privacy."

"He won't. Firstly, the public message issued by his PR team mentions the name of the disease and in both of these recordings, Dr Mittal is only explaining him regarding the said disease and its implications. Secondly, after people see these videos, he will be facing humongous public backlash. Doing any such thing will only add to his opposition. As far as I know him, he won't risk his public image further."

Listening to him, all the persons present in the room were delighted to say the least. What he suggested was completely foolproof.

Just as Idhant had predicted, within few minutes, Vedant was facing severe criticism by the public and the media.

****************************

Anaisha was doing the final on site observation of the newly built smart school in Babupur. Her brain was hell bent on not letting her focus on the task at hand. All it was thinking was how Idhant would make things alright.

Once again chastising herself for getting carried away, she began giving some instructions to her PA.

"Make sure that the front part of the buildi-", the ring of her phone cut her in between.

She fished her phone out of the pocket of her blazer and seeing that it was Reyansh who was calling her, she excused herself.

When she was away from the officials accompanying her, she answered the call. Before she could say anything, overexcited voice of her brother reached her ears.

"Di, di, di..did you see how subtly Dr Idhant managed the whole conundrum?"

She was happy, relieved, curious, confused and excited at that moment.