Chapter - 11

This chapter is not edited.

After coming back from his early morning jog, Idhant was sleeping soundly when he was very brutally woken up by the shrill voice of his sister.

"Just wake up sleepyhead. How much are you gonna sleep? It's 10:00 am already."

"Mhm...ten minutes more!", he answered drowsily.

"Bhai, I know you have switched on your vacation mode given that you are not at Delhi and don't have to go to hospital. But don't forget why you came here. Now come on, get up."

"Are you going to tell now what you wanted to discuss about?", he mumbled, his mind shifting between the state of consciousness and unconsciousness continuously.

"Not now, in an hour or so."

"Then go away.", with that, he rolled over the bed turning his face away from his stone-hearted sister who was hell-bent on disturbing his precious sleep.

"Okay then, I think I alone will have to finish the aloo parathas made by dadimaa.", Disha spoke. And that did the trick. No prizes for guessing the aloo parathas prepared by their grandma were Idhant's absolute favourite. He could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner continuously for his whole life and never get bored.

In a second, he was up and before moving to the bathroom to freshen up, he pointed a finger at Disha and spoke in a threatening voice," Don't you dare touch my share of aloo parathas or else I'm going to kill you."

To that Disha chuckled amusedly and asked him to come down quickly before moving out of her brother's room. 

***********************

Ahuja family was done with the breakfast by 10:40 am. Usually, they had had early breakfasts but since Idhant had slept in today, their breakfast got delayed.

Everybody was sitting on the dining table itself which was placed just outside the open kitchen with the longer edge of the table facing the kitchen. On the right side of the table was the window wall which led to the backyard. The shorter edge of the table faced that window wall.

Idhant's grandma, Uma Ahuja, was an ebullient old woman. Currently, she was enthusiastically narrating one of Girish's childhood mischiefs where his three year old self had grown an obsession with feminine clothes.

Idhant was listening to his grandma and simultaneously replying to the important emails on his phone.

"You know what once we had to go for a dinner party and my sweet son wanted to go there wearing a white frock. I did not know whether to laugh at his antics or...."

Disha drowned out her grandmother's voice, stood up, went into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She guzzled it in two large gulps and went outside.

"Maa..stop it now. You've embarrassed me enough already.", her father whined just as she moved out of the kitchen. 

Wringing her fingers nervously, she moved where she was sitting before her short trip to the kitchen. Instead of sitting, she kept standing at her spot. By now, she had caught the attention of her mother who was now looking inquisitively at her. Before her mother could inquire her, she loudly cleared her throat successfully grabbing the attention of others too.

"Can we go to Abhay uncle's place?", her sudden request baffled everyone present there.

"Why do you want to go there?", Idhant asked in bewilderment. He knew that Abhay was a good family friend and both the families kept seeing each other occasionally, but there was no way he was going there given that she could be present there. He was not really sure if she would be there or not but it was a possibility and he was not going to take any risk.